PDA

View Full Version : chicagoland 3geez?

Shadowkat
12-28-2005, 08:17 AM
I just want to get a feel for how many chicagoland 3geez are out there. I might be interested in setting up a springtime meet depending on the responses i get here. I also posted this on chicagolandaccordclub.com. So let me know, either here or on that site if you live in/near chicago, or would be interested in a meet in the chicago area.

89IASEI
12-28-2005, 01:19 PM
I live in the Quad Cities (Rock Island/Davenport) and would be interested. I will check out the site you recommended also. I am curently selling my 89 SE-i (see my post here) and will be getting a 93 Civic instead but would still come to a meet.

Moodybluesr
12-28-2005, 09:02 PM
I live down in Urbana; it would probably be better just to tag along on one of the CLAC meets as there really aren't too many 3rd gens around here.

Shadowkat
12-28-2005, 11:10 PM
I live down in Urbana; it would probably be better just to tag along on one of the CLAC meets as there really aren't too many 3rd gens around here.
Yeah that's what I was afraid of. But i figgured it wouldn't hurt to try, because I think it would be awesome to have a 3rd gen only chicago meet, and I was planning on tagging along the CLAC meets too, but i'll keep looking around for 3g owners in this area anyways. Maybe eventually I'll find enough people to make a meet worth while.

3rdgenhatchDX
01-09-2006, 08:15 AM
Hey i'll meet up in chi-town! i posted "this coast meet" but i got a few replies, i'm in indiana... i'll be availiable in the spring, and the cars getting fixed currently... pm me locations!

gsus
01-09-2006, 08:52 AM
i'm right next to chicago in the town of Northwestern University :). i wont be driving the accord anymore by then though. i'll be in my mr2 :thumbup:

Shadowkat
01-09-2006, 02:32 PM
I love MR2s! If we do get some kind of chicago meet going, i would love to see it. Let me know what your thoughts are on the meet, and if you know of anyone else who would be interested.

gsus
01-10-2006, 08:22 AM
My mr2 is nothing special, its n/a :(… but I do like it more than my accord. I’m on the mr2 board (mr2oc.com), and there are a few mr2 owners near the Chicago land area. I’ll post up the meet on there when you have a date set, and see who turns up. What plans are you looking at for the meet and what date are you looking at?
Our last mr2 meet turned out pretty well in September (end of summer meet). heres a video of the meet (my car is the first car that passes by).
http://thumbs.streetfire.net/7115D193-5B51-476F-87DF-FA4FC2DB093A.jpg (http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=7115D193-5B51-476F-87DF-FA4FC2DB093A)Click here to see Video (http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=7115D193-5B51-476F-87DF-FA4FC2DB093A)
Also, here are some pics (http://carpron.com/multisite/v/Upload/New-MK__-MR2-Shell/album308/?g2_GALLERYSID=d3b90c01857201917c39a78c93fb3881) aswell if you are interested (there are more, but these are the ones i took).
We chilled at Busse Woods for a while, headed out to Fudruckers, and ended the night with free game of Cosmic Mini Golf (an mr2 member worked there so he let us in for free!).

murphaccord88
01-12-2006, 09:04 AM
yea i could prolly meet up for it, just need a time and place!

88hondaaccordlx-i...
01-13-2006, 04:54 PM
i lived in aurora,IL my car is getting fix right now but i'll probably have it fix by spring just tell me the location

Shadowkat
01-16-2006, 01:55 PM
well, no location or date yet, as I'm still gauging interest, but if you have any suggestions, I'm open to hearing them. I was thinking along the lines of late spring/early summer, maybe June after I get off of school. So tell me what you think.

Shadowkat
01-18-2006, 01:04 AM
Okay, update!

For all of those who expressed interest in a Chicagoland 3geez meet!

There doesn't really appear as of yet to be enough interest in such a meet to plan one. However, I fhave been interested in meeting fellow 3geezers since I've been on this board, so, I am taking it upon myself from now on to announce any Chicagoland Accord Club meets that take place, therefore, anyone on this forum that is interested in an accord meet and possibly meeting other 3geezers pay attention to this thread.

As of now, there is a CLAC wintertime meet in the works. I'll keep you guys updated to the date and location of said meet. If you have an interest in coming to such a meet let me know, so i can get a feel for how many 3geezers to expect.

I think it would be great if we could represent 3geez at this or future accord meets in the chicagoland area.