PDA

View Full Version : Battery light Engine off problem

Timaculent
12-28-2005, 04:02 PM
Ok this is weird. For some odd reason when I turn off the car the battery light comes on and stays on. What could be causeing this to occur. Coud it have anything to do with the altinator.:sad2:

Mac
12-28-2005, 06:16 PM
Is it only the battery light or does anything else stay on? Maybe ignition switch isn't going into off position.

lostforawhile
12-28-2005, 07:09 PM
try this under the fuse box is a plug going to your ignition switch, pull it with the key off and see if the battery light goes off,if it does current is going through your switch when it shouldn't. no curent should travel through that switch with the ey off. let me pull the wiring diagrams and have a look,i have an idea what else it might be.

lostforawhile
12-28-2005, 07:33 PM
ok next step,if the light stays on with the plug undone,pull the plug at the back of the alternator and see if it goes off. if it goes out when you pull this,your regulator is going bad and current is leaking through it to the light circuit. there is always voltage to the regulator from the 55 amp battery circuit,this is switched on and off by the regulator through the ignition key,this is voltage for your field circuit at the alternator. a voltage leak at the regulator can cause your light to go on.

Timaculent
12-29-2005, 02:21 PM
does anyone have a alternator for sale.

lostforawhile
12-29-2005, 02:30 PM
hopefuly that fixes it,i looked at the wiring diagram and don't know aht else it could be. if you get a new one,don't throw the old one away,I might buy it from you and rebuild it. they might give you like a ten dollar core or something,i'll be glad to pay the core and shipping. mine is starting to go,and if i have one on my bench i can tear apart and rebuild i can do that in my spare time.