PDA

View Full Version : New Guy from Taiwan

rayhuang
12-29-2005, 01:02 AM
Hi guys I'm a new one form Taiwan, just say hello....

Hash_man_Se_i
12-29-2005, 01:32 AM
Welcome... what kind of accord do u have?

Cheeseburger
12-29-2005, 02:10 AM
cool and asian brother welcome...

3G Jester
12-29-2005, 05:36 AM
zen mei yang!!!! welcome aboard. what kinda zhong wen do you speak?

TheWatcher
12-29-2005, 06:54 AM
Taiwan is fcuked up!

On a China Airlines flight from Hong Kong w/ a stop over in Taipei, the steward/stewardess inform us that there is a stiff penalty for contraband in Taipei.

Okay, nice to know.

Then, he/she says, "the penalty is death". Wow, stiff penalty was an understatement! I never watched my luggage so well in my life, and it was 1 a.m., the terminal was empty. I was afraid someone would put something INTO my luggage. :lol:

TV was chinese (probably Cantonese, since the pitch change was all over the place) w/ Chinese subtitles (probably Mandarin).

Well enuff of my rambling.

Welcome rayhuang!

Peace.

3G Jester
12-29-2005, 08:21 AM
TV was chinese (probably Cantonese, since the pitch change was all over the place) w/ Chinese subtitles (probably Mandarin).

ummmm probably no. cantonese and mandarin both have multiple tones. cantonese has i think 9 where as manderin has 5 counting the neutral tone. and taiwan uses primarily long form (traditional) characters where as mainland uses short form (simplified)

TheWatcher
12-29-2005, 09:53 AM
ummmm probably no. cantonese and mandarin both have multiple tones. cantonese has i think 9 where as manderin has 5 counting the neutral tone. and taiwan uses primarily long form (traditional) characters where as mainland uses short form (simplified)
Well I only know a couple phases in chinese from catching the light rail transit in Hong Kong. :lol: I can say it, but I can't spell it, but I can try.

"ten sun ti sun teimun" - Please step away from the door.

"hawacha hai wan chai" - The next stop is Wan Chai.

:lol:

Peace.