PDA

View Full Version : civic intake

89accordex4dr
12-29-2005, 04:42 AM
Sorry if this posted in the wrong place but I can't seem to find a civic intake for my carb, what's the civic engeine number do these come off, any help would be appeciated:)

keruhas184
12-29-2005, 01:23 PM
http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=38108

The civic air box is from civics between 1988-1991.
Just make sure it doesn’t have an SI badge on it because these have MPFI like our cars.They are DX and LX and HF and STD models
Travis

89accordex4dr
12-29-2005, 04:02 PM
thank's but it doesn't help me, i figgerd that the us civic have lx, dx, si.
In NZ We hav the si, lx, ex, I no it's not the si and the ex and lx have thos big ass air box in them, so an engeine stamp for a civic would help.

Beaver
12-29-2005, 04:27 PM
Hmm... I'm attempting this mod right now as well. I got my airbox out of a 90' civic wagon style. This airbox will ride taller on the carb so I realize I will have to cut some of the hood support, but I wasn't aware there are even bigger ones. Could you get a pic of the "big ones" I'm curious, maybe I can help, I'll search for NZ civic's engine bay pics.

keruhas184
12-29-2005, 04:52 PM
We hav the si, lx, ex, I no it's not the si and the ex and lx have thos big ass air box in them, so an engeine stamp for a civic would help.

Maybe someone else can help you with the engine stamp. But if doesn't look like the pics in the FAQ, then you obviously can't use it..

This airbox will ride taller on the carb so I realize I will have to cut some of the hood support

You could also make a custom airbox lid to make it fit: http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=46203&#10

89accordex4dr
12-29-2005, 05:00 PM
Yes the faq picture's are the one I want but I need the civic engine number so i can get one from the wrekers.
Sorry for been a pain but I don't no squat about honda's except mine

spnrx
12-29-2005, 05:06 PM
I want to do the conversion but I am confused as to how. I've done work on cars but the technical stuff is still a little confuseing. Anyone able to simplify?

thanks,
Spnr X

89accordex4dr
05-03-2006, 05:57 AM
I got a airbox weilded up in the end and attatched a shot ram and pod filter, is it normal for it to roar or is it just working good? that civic engine stamp is a d15b I think if noone knows:)

ghettogeddy
05-03-2006, 06:25 AM
i just got my box in and im look for the cai or short ram what do u guys think i should go with oh and i really dont want to take my bumber off to install it

89accordex4dr
05-03-2006, 06:11 PM
Just go short ram man, it's responsive, cai may freeze the carby, just my $0.2

wprocomp
05-03-2006, 06:28 PM
if you need one I can sell you one-its already cut to fit but it hits the hood bracing,so you will either have to make a custom top for it or cut the hood bracing,$25 if you needs it

ghettogeddy
05-03-2006, 07:03 PM
if you need one I can sell you one-its already cut to fit but it hits the hood bracing,so you will either have to make a custom top for it or cut the hood bracing,$25 if you needs it

ive been staring at the threds on the civi intake but i have yet to see what has to be cut to make it work can anyone direct me to the correct one then tell me what number post it is

ghettogeddy
05-08-2006, 04:41 PM
bump

ive got my box and my sort ram and i need to know what i have to cut on the civi box to make it work

ghettogeddy
05-08-2006, 06:41 PM
bump bump bump bump

A20A1
05-16-2006, 02:15 PM
the carb breaths better from the top down anyways not from the sides... try and get a Ramflo filter to fit, they sell blank baseplates that you can cut the the right size of the carb opening.

it should be able to bolt right on top after that, you will need the rubber ring though that is on the stock air box that helps seal the air box to the carb.

http://www.ramflo.5u.com/
our neck diameter is about 3 and 1/4 inches
so any carb filter with a base opening close to that should fit without too much trouble
3.125" you'll run into problems for sure
3-1/4" ... 3.25" = 82.55 mm
3-9/64" ... 3.140625" = 80 mm ( Ramflo Part # RF-6-16 ) This comes with a neck which helps it gain clearance above the float adjustment screw and the float vent valve body.

the problem with the short ram and civic intake is that you will get different amounts of vacuum to the secondary which changes the point in which it opens... sometimes it can be good, other times you end up worse then stock
.a cold air intake will probably crate more vacuum then it nornally there. the carb may act funny. I personally found that an open filter works best, the only added vacuum is from the filter restriction itself and not from having a plenum or all that pipe that is present in a cold air intake or short rams setup. plus having no plenum (Civic air box) above the carb helps top end power.