PDA

View Full Version : power problems, im sick of this

fraza
12-30-2005, 12:48 AM
hey lately i have mad mass electrical problems with my 87 accord 4 door. the latest 2 is the central locking and the power windows, my central locking wont work, but ive manage to wire up a switch to turn in on and off, but when i put my key in and turn the drivers side lock only the drivers side opens
so im guessing this problem is with the switch in the lock mecha. the second problem just happened 20 min ago when i was locking up my car for the nite, the right rear window wont work properly, the drivers side window panel dose nothing to it, but the switch on the rite rear door works for down not up

thanx for your help, again

TheWatcher
12-30-2005, 04:19 AM
hey lately i have mad mass electrical problems with my 87 accord 4 door. the latest 2 is the central locking and the power windows, my central locking wont work, but ive manage to wire up a switch to turn in on and off, but when i put my key in and turn the drivers side lock only the drivers side opens
so im guessing this problem is with the switch in the lock mecha. the second problem just happened 20 min ago when i was locking up my car for the nite, the right rear window wont work properly, the drivers side window panel dose nothing to it, but the switch on the rite rear door works for down not up
thanx for your help, again
Take off your driver-side door panel, check to make sure BOTH harnesses that connect to the master switch on you driver side door is connected properly. If the connection came loose, you will experience the problems you are describing. If it still doesn't work, and the both harnesses are connected properly, then get a replacement from Honda (or a jy) and try it again.

When I first reinstalled the driver-side door panel, one of the harnesses came loose, and I had the same problems. I found the loose connection, CAREFULLY reinstalled the door panel to make sure I didn't pull it loose again, and now my master switch works perfectly. :)

Hope that helps. I probably saved you alot of troubleshooting. :lol:

Peace.