PDA

View Full Version : Q about b20a1 wiring

davke
12-30-2005, 02:04 PM
after a lot of work finally i put b20a1 into my accord. i changed the engine wiring, ecu and thats all. is it enough? what about the main wiring? thanks

carotman
12-30-2005, 09:40 PM
Well. I'm sure that you can still use the A20A wiring in the B20A1. The B20A1 uses the same distributor configuration as the A20A so wiring should be pretty straightforward. I don't have the B20A1 pinout here but I'm sure it's also similar to the A20A. You won't need to change the Main harness for sure. Beleive me, no one wants to do that :D

Maybe thegreatdane has more info on this.

davke
12-31-2005, 12:17 AM
thanks for this info, ye, i have the b20a1 main wiring and i saw it :) its imposible for me :) . anyway i heard somewhere that i should change the distributor from my old engine a20a4.. for what reason? now i am running with the stock b20a1 distributor

thegreatdane
01-08-2006, 04:21 AM
You can use your existing A20A4 main wiring harness with the B20A1, there's only 1 wire extra in the B20A1 main harness if I remember correctly and that's for the airvalve located on the intake manifold of the B20A1.
In the Prelude you got the B20A1 engine from, there's a solenoid(=electric valve) in the black box, that controls that airvalve. So if you want to have that air valve working you need to run 1 extra wire from the ecu to the black box and grab the air valve solenoid from the prelude's black box. The solenoid also needs a ground wire but you can use the ground from one of the other solenoids in the black box.
The schematics on how to connect the vaacum hoses for the air valve and solenoid is illustrated in the accord shop manual in the B20A2 engine section.

By the way you have to use the B20A1 distributor (and exhaust cam sensor housing). The A20A4 dist wont fit.