PDA

View Full Version : lucas?

lostforawhile
12-30-2005, 07:26 PM
has anyone had luck with the lucas powersteering stop leak? My rack is started leaking,so has my pump and my speed sensor has been leaking,I figured it wouldn't hurt to try,it says compatible with all power steering fluid types. I'll be putting in a manual rack soon anyway so it doesn't matter much,but i need to fix it for now.

cardoc33
12-31-2005, 02:23 PM
Hail Lucas, Prince of Darkness. :)

I wouldn't try it.

Do you know why the british drink warm beer?

They have Lucas refridgerators!

HondaBoy
12-31-2005, 03:07 PM
^^^
WFT? ok, well yeah its worth a try. i mean, if you stuff is leaking right now that cant be much worse than putting something in the fluid to help the leak stop. although, after putting non-Honda fluid in my system, it doesnt work anymore. i just removed the belt for my power steering. i've gotten used to it.

cardoc33
12-31-2005, 04:37 PM
^^^
after putting non-Honda fluid in my system, it doesnt work anymore.

That's what I was refering to. The honda fluid will react to the stop leak and turn to goo.

Happy New Year!

spnrx
12-31-2005, 05:13 PM
well I put Lucas oil in with my ATF fluid and so far nothing really wrong has happened.

*Knocks on wod*

Like HondaBoy said it's worth a try.

Laters,
Spnr X

DBMaster
01-01-2006, 12:03 PM
I tried s product called TransX. It mixed in just fine, but it did not help the leaks and eventually one of the actual steering box seals failed and the car puked fluid all over the place. This was after the tie rod seals and P/S pump shaft seals had been leaking for a long time. I would just save the money toward a new rack (either a new power rack or manual conversion). I did that and replaced the pump seal and it has been fine for two years now.

lostforawhile
01-01-2006, 12:41 PM
well it's just a temp fix until i replace the rack cheaper then dumping fluid in it all the time