PDA

View Full Version : B series motor swap

Magny
12-31-2005, 06:59 PM
.........I have searched and searched for a guide or how to on this, anyone know of any good ones??? gonna be doin the swap in a few months. just wanna get the accord prepped and ready for it.

Legend_master
12-31-2005, 07:59 PM
.........I have searched and searched for a guide or how to on this, anyone know of any good ones??? gonna be doin the swap in a few months. just wanna get the accord prepped and ready for it.

If you have the PRI kit then there is not much to it. If you don't then all the work will be custom. Besides that there is not much help we can give you.

89T
12-31-2005, 09:02 PM
not alot of people here are willing to do the work for you, but they are verry helpful when you run into problems.
i have never done this swap but my guess would be the motor mounts on the car need to be removed and relocated...
the trans depending on the model would need to be converted to hyd. or not so not knowing what you really have the ?'s will roll. axle lenths? what car can you get them from? shifter compatibility?pedals if you'r going from auto to manual......................i can go on.

you pretty much got a good list on what you need to research before you actually do the swap, but there is alote of unknowns.

Magny
01-02-2006, 12:55 AM
so for the mounts part only, would it be best to put the mounts on the motor and lower it into the bay to find out the exact locations of where the welding must be done for the custom mounts???

and what is the pri mount kit??? is that placeracing???

89T
01-02-2006, 06:14 AM
that would work. I would make sure that the engine will sit exactly the same angle and height as it was in the donor car.Take your time when doing this make sure everything will fit when you put everything back together.make sure the trans. are centered with the spindals. If possible get your measuremnts for your axels and install them before you weld anything.(it would be easier than jumping all over taking mearurements especially if you are doing this by your self.)
take your time.....check you'r hood clearances.
that is everything off the top of my head that i can think of...there may be more to it.

snoopyloopy
01-02-2006, 08:48 AM
yeah, pri is placeracing. and what 89 said is pretty much it. if you don't want to fab everything yourself, i think someone still has a mount kit for sale in the marketplace. they're out of production now, thoubh.

getready
01-02-2006, 10:04 AM
there were people offering to remake the mounts with CAD, i wonder if any of them did... i'll need those mounts in like 2-5 years, heh.

Legend_master
01-02-2006, 01:27 PM
i'll need those mounts in like 2-5 years, heh.

That is exactly why I am not having them made from the mounts I have. Everybody says they want them, but they are not willing to pay the $$$ to have them made or they need them in "a certain amount of time". The are two sets available in the market place right now.

2drSE-i
01-02-2006, 01:52 PM
they are quite expensive, and unfortunately this is a board for and about the car and performance of a relatively inexpensive car to own and maintain. when it comes right down to it, most of the people with these cars are broke, or dont have an obscene amount of money to spend. This swap will take money. And lots of it. If you want to go cheaper, use the place racing kit. without that it will be more im afraid.