PDA

View Full Version : let's do a traction thread...

89T
12-31-2005, 07:31 PM
well here is my situation. About a month ago I hit a pot hole and put a nice crack in my rear rim. I put on my drag radials from my other car (i did'nt know they fit or i would have had them on at the drag strip) and still burning the tires...i have some progressive rate lowering springs on...
I can't drive the car in the snow so i got new tires put on the other rims 205/14/60 tires...Well the fronts were great ..the rears alittle different.
I put the tires on dropped it down and i was sittin on the fenders wtf.
i had a set of coilovers laying around........:idea: I pulled the progressive rate spring's off and on with the coilovers i raised the rear about 1.5" then raised the left rear an extra 1/4" and daaaaaaaaaammmmm...there was a crazy differance in launch. in first I still spinn but not as bad. second grabs nicely with a little spinn when you first let the clutch out, and all grab in third.(reg street tires nothin special)
the rear spring's are alote stiffer than the progressive springs were, it drives even better than before..I'll swap the fronts next week and see if there is any differance.
tire rub was why i raised the rear..
raising the rear higher than the front acctually puts more weight up front.
raising the left rear puts more weight on the right front tire.(the tire that spins first) Damb i need a lsd.
seeing that this is a traction thread, post up some of you'r problems and what you came up with to fix them.
I would like to keep this thread going because we all na or boosted have the same problem.

AccordEpicenter
01-01-2006, 11:26 PM
you know what i do that helps, i have 3 washers in the the endlinks for my front swaybar that puts a preload on the passenger side tire so i dont spin that tire like crazy like i used to. Mostly 2 wheel burnouts etc now. So the coilovers worked good? What shocks did you use? Stockers?

89T
01-02-2006, 07:12 AM
ya stocker for now but in serious need for new adjustible ones.
I'll have to try the washer's, one side or both?
ya the coilovers are great i got a better ride not bottoming out all the time,and it's not sagging on launch.
I got the weight jacking idea from nascar.slight rake to the front plus alittle extra on the left rear to put more weight on the right front.
i cant wait for the track to open back up.
My brother runs stock cars and has a scale that you can check weight at each tire so when i get a chance i'll check all 4's to see if there is a differance.

Oldblueaccord
01-02-2006, 02:12 PM
I commented I run back high more by default then by plan.

I think reading and article in GRM its creates a wedge effect on the front tires.

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=47592

wp

AccordEpicenter
01-02-2006, 06:26 PM
just on the passenger side with the washers, put them under one of the bushings between the swaybar and the control arm

89T
01-21-2006, 10:46 PM
i want to keeep this alive so bump..

gfrg88
01-21-2006, 11:18 PM
how about wheelie bars to keep the weight from shifting to the back of the car??

AccordEpicenter
01-21-2006, 11:44 PM
id use them as a track only and last resort, but yeah, they do actually work on fwd cars

89T
01-28-2006, 05:55 PM
you guy's know how the traction bars work on a v8 right?
I am looking into making a new traction bar for fwd cars using the.....
before i have to edit this i'll not post the rest till i have something to show or copyright.
i have alote of good ideas on this but if it works (or they work) i dont want to miss my chance to get paid.
what i am getting at is that everyone else has a traction bar that the 3G already has.

Bglad420
01-28-2006, 06:06 PM
you guy's know how the traction bars work on a v8 right?
I am looking into making a new traction bar for fwd cars using the.....
before i have to edit this i'll not post the rest till i have something to show or copyright.
i have alote of good ideas on this but if it works (or they work) i dont want to miss my chance to get paid.
what i am getting at is that everyone else has a traction bar that the 3G already has.
Too late, they allready have them, check out the ones for civics, and tegs for ideas...

AccordEpicenter
01-29-2006, 08:35 PM
we have radius rods. Many civics etc dont have them. We also have the dogbone motor mount which helps also. Wheelhop isnt a problem on our cars unless your mounts are shot