PDA

View Full Version : 8 hole rims

StressSolutions
01-02-2006, 05:23 PM
I did a search, but not too extensive...

Anyway, I've seen lots of cars around now that I'm looking at them and a few on here that have those 8 hole rims, but only have studs/nuts filling 4 holes, leaving 4 holes to sit there and look dumb and empty. Has anyone devised some sort of deco plate or filler for those? Or do those that have those rims think the extra holes are cool?

Mine's stock, and I kinda like the idea of having the hubcaps mounted on with the lugnuts. My 96 Lumina was like that, sort of.

AccordRacing21
01-02-2006, 05:24 PM
They are designed for multiple bolt patterns. One set will fit one pattern and one set will fit another. The same wheel will fit on 2 different bolt patterns using different holes.

3G Jester
01-02-2006, 05:35 PM
there are also these new inventions.....not all rims have them....they're called "center caps" ...or something like that. i dont know but from what ive heard they cover all the lug nuts. crazy huh?

AccordRacing21
01-02-2006, 05:37 PM
Most of the time they cover the lug nuts anyways.

StressSolutions
01-03-2006, 07:17 PM
there are also these new inventions.....not all rims have them....they're called "center caps" ...or something like that. i dont know but from what ive heard they cover all the lug nuts. crazy huh?

Great avatar, fun stuff. Anyway there is this 4th gen that the neighborhood tow company dumped on the street at an angle, I see the rims have 8 holes but only 4 of them are filled in. My Ford pickups have had center caps but they didn't cover the lugs, had shiny lugnuts instead. Thanks

Ichiban
01-05-2006, 10:42 AM
My buddy just dumped off a set of 16" CR rims at the shop...they are multi-hole. Not such a big fan, and because of the design a center cap won't hide the extra holes... Maybe i should glue in extra lug nuts and tell everyone my car is a 3/4 ton:rolleyes: either way you'd think they'd be weak.
seriously though any idea if these would fit my 82 2gen hatch? With tires the wheels are 23 1/2 inches tall, 8 1/4 inches wide (sidewall to sidewall), and the flange to rim depth is exactly 6 ". BTW the guy wants 400 cdn for them, they are a year old, one rim is kinda scratched up, has new 205/45 rubber on.

NXRacer
01-05-2006, 11:42 AM
just make sure the offset will work. with the multi-lug pattern, they should work on your car.

Ichiban
01-05-2006, 11:50 AM
i know the bolt pattern will work, i might have clearance issues against the bottom spring mount on the strut. it is currently about an inch away from the 185-75 R13's i have installed. i Could modify the strut to clearance the tire but i don't feel so good about welding on a gas charged cylinder. i'll go take more measurements today.

Ichiban
01-06-2006, 06:05 PM
i did the measurements....no fit

The inside of the tire would have almost half an inch interference with the strut lower spring mount.

i guess it's 15's or custom wheels then...