PDA

View Full Version : b18a swap

snipz
01-03-2006, 07:58 PM
ok I've been tryin to find some clues on here but seems most people do the b20 swap. I bought a b18a from a salvage yard. Now I am starting to wonder if I should just build my a20 from my 87 accord lxi or not. It just seems as if a lot more parts are available for the b18a and supposively it isnt that bad of a swap. My plans are to basically do every performance part I can to that motor in the next few months then shortly before spring hits throw on the turbo and swap her in to the car. Basically my questions here are is the b18 worth it for trying to have a built motor and turbo or should I stick with the A20 and struggle for parts?

3G Jester
01-03-2006, 10:02 PM
damn there was a sale on some b series axels and other things needed for a swap a little while ago.

use the search button.....it might take you a few hours to look through everything.
but you dont expect to do the swap over night do you?

Accordtheory
01-04-2006, 12:01 AM
Well, I reached the conclusion that the b series is the way to go..and then I reached the conclusion that a civic or integra is also the way to go..

snipz
01-04-2006, 07:07 AM
Well, I reached the conclusion that the b series is the way to go..and then I reached the conclusion that a civic or integra is also the way to go..

so your stating that I should just get a 93 integra to go with my b18a? I was actually considering that since I have a few months to build the motor I figured it would be a much easier idea. just get the AEM ems and everything else I need and do it that way. I still like my integras better than the civic or i would do it that way.

snipz
01-04-2006, 07:10 AM
damn there was a sale on some b series axels and other things needed for a swap a little while ago.

use the search button.....it might take you a few hours to look through everything.
but you dont expect to do the swap over night do you?

thanks jester. I will definately keep trying. As I stated, I looked some I just needed to know soon whether or not I should build this motor up for the accord or keep the a20 or use the accord as the every day driver and build the b18 for a tegi. I just wish I knew more and Ive been reading through here to learn bits about everything but it will take me months just to learn part of what I need.

2drSE-i
01-04-2006, 10:16 AM
to swap it into the 3g you need this http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?t=47158&page=3
it will make your life much easier. go crazy