PDA

View Full Version : Urgent need HELP B-series Install!!!!!!!

Legend_master
01-04-2006, 07:09 PM
I have got the engine in the bay and the rear mount for the PRI dosent line up with the rear mount braket of the b-series. Is there a different bracket that I am suppose to use for the b-series into a 3gee? it seems to be to long.

jigga89SEi
01-04-2006, 07:11 PM
got picks?

Legend_master
01-04-2006, 09:38 PM
got picks?

I think the braket is the wrong braket for the b-series motor, I will go to the junk yard tommarow and pull the right one. here is a teaser pic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/DSCF0010.jpg

ICEMAN707
01-04-2006, 09:50 PM
you using a hydraulic b-series tranny? cus i think the placeracing kit is set up to use a cable 5spd b-series tranny. the brackets might be different. good luck on the swap.

Legend_master
01-04-2006, 11:42 PM
you using a hydraulic b-series tranny? cus i think the placeracing kit is set up to use a cable 5spd b-series tranny. the brackets might be different. good luck on the swap.

nope I am using the LS cable tranny. I think I might have gotten a bracket for a d-series or something like that, because the bracket extends all the way to the firewall. On a side note to anybody doing the swap, make sure to remove your back to front cross member so the there will be clearence for the exhaust.

mykwikcoupe
01-04-2006, 11:59 PM
umm well ive never done a b series swap other then the jdm b20a but im pretty sure that crossmember is there for tranny/engine support and maybe some structural. does the pri kit make up for this in some way or are you running just the front, back upper mounts with the tranny mount and the dogbone up top? Nothing underneath?

ICEMAN707
01-05-2006, 12:04 AM
i believe the purpose for the front to back crossbeam is to support the weight of the tranny with the a20. on civics and integras, the b-series have a tranny mount on the passenger side frame rail to support the weight. placeracing has a bracket for this that you have to weld into the passenger side framerail.

Legend_master
01-05-2006, 12:07 AM
i believe the purpose for the front to back crossbeam is to support the weight of the tranny with the a20. on civics and integras, the b-series have a tranny mount on the passenger side frame rail to support the weight. placeracing has a bracket for this that you have to weld into the passenger side framerail.

Thats correct, the tranny mount replaces the cross member. Also mykwikcoupe there will be no more dogbone mount uptop any more. That is eliminated.

ICEMAN707
01-05-2006, 12:09 AM
nope I am using the LS cable tranny. I think I might have gotten a bracket for a d-series or something like that, because the bracket extends all the way to the firewall. On a side note to anybody doing the swap, make sure to remove your back to front cross member so the there will be clearence for the exhaust.

where did you get that engine? if you got an engine imported from japan, keep in mind that it's right-hand drive over there. the rear tranny bracket might be different to give clearance to the steering. replace it with a USDM bracket if that's the case.

Legend_master
01-05-2006, 12:11 AM
where did you get that engine? if you got an engine imported from japan, keep in mind that it's right-hand drive over there. the rear tranny bracket might be different to give clearance to the steering. replace it with a USDM bracket if that's the case.

Nope it is an LS-vtec The bottem was pulled from a junkyard car and the bracket was bought off of H-T.com. I think he sold me the wrong one, but I will know for sure tommarow.

ICEMAN707
01-05-2006, 12:15 AM
Nope it is an LS-vtec The bottem was pulled from a junkyard car and the bracket was bought off of H-T.com. I think he sold me the wrong one, but I will know for sure tommarow.

good luck. keep us updated with pics. also, 88lxi68 should be able to help you out, PM him. he had an ls/vtec in his 3gee. i dunno if he sold the car or not.

Legend_master
01-05-2006, 09:46 AM
good luck. keep us updated with pics. also, 88lxi68 should be able to help you out, PM him. he had an ls/vtec in his 3gee. i dunno if he sold the car or not.

Ok the problem has been solved. I had the rear bracket from a 94-00 integra and I needed one from a 90-93. Also the brake lines that run across the rear firewall must be moved up to allow for clearence of the mount :deal: .

Legend_master
01-05-2006, 02:37 PM
heres a couple of update pictures, I will keep you up to date on the progress.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/swap3.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/swap2.jpg

jigga89SEi
01-05-2006, 03:06 PM
Thats lookin real sick man... Props

getready
01-06-2006, 08:28 AM
oh man, so jealous

That's going to be sick

SteveDX89
01-06-2006, 09:51 AM
Nice. I wish I would have rebuilt mine before I put it in. :sad2:

Legend_master
01-06-2006, 11:10 AM
Nice. I wish I would have rebuilt mine before I put it in. :sad2:

I hope I rebuilt it right :ugh:

Legend_master
01-06-2006, 01:00 PM
the passenger side integra axle is way to long :mad: . I dont know what I am going to do if I can't find a PRI axle.

white ricer
01-06-2006, 01:07 PM
ive never heard of anyone doing this but we used to get our axles shortened by moser, I wonder if they would do halfshafts.. or if its possible? just a thought.. Rock on with the b motor

Legend_master
01-06-2006, 01:08 PM
ive never heard of anyone doing this but we used to get our axles shortened by moser, I wonder if they would do halfshafts.. or if its possible? just a thought.. Rock on with the b motor

What is moser and how do I contact them.

SQ is the SQUAD
01-06-2006, 07:03 PM
i guess i am a lil too late but i was gonna say there is a couple different b series rea mounts. 90-93 teg, 94-01 teg 99-00 si. they are all b series but all different. so i guessi can use the teg axles like i wanted. ill look around town and see if anyone can shorten it. tell me how much it needs to be shortinged

Legend_master
01-06-2006, 07:44 PM
i guess i am a lil too late but i was gonna say there is a couple different b series rea mounts. 90-93 teg, 94-01 teg 99-00 si. they are all b series but all different. so i guessi can use the teg axles like i wanted. ill look around town and see if anyone can shorten it. tell me how much it needs to be shortinged

Well I figured out two ways to fix the axle problem. Either use a a 90-93 passenger side integra axle (I had two drivers side axles :uh: ) and remove the dust ring on the back of the hub ord use an 86-89 integra passenger-side axle.

SQ is the SQUAD
01-06-2006, 08:37 PM
ok, i feel better now. yeah, i removed my dust rings already. it was kinda a tigh fit getting the axle through the hub, i use the nut and a air gun to get it all the way through

Accordtheory
01-06-2006, 09:58 PM
the passenger side integra axle is way to long :mad: . I dont know what I am going to do if I can't find a PRI axle.
Whaat..? The integra axle is shorter than the stock accord axle, I just got a set of teg axles today and compared them, and there is a dude on here that has the accord axle with his b series, he said so in my "why can't I use this axle" post..

Accordtheory
01-06-2006, 10:01 PM
I believe the 90-93 and 94-01 passenger side teg axles are all the same. Don't quote me on that though.
The driver's side is obviously different, due to a different style of intermediate shaft.

Legend_master
01-06-2006, 11:18 PM
I believe the 90-93 and 94-01 passenger side teg axles are all the same. Don't quote me on that though.
The driver's side is obviously different, due to a different style of intermediate shaft.

I think all the 94-01 came with ABS and that makes them not work with our application. As for the axles not fitting check my other posts. Also SQ is the SQUAD my axles slid right into the hub with no problem at all so it's kinda odd that you had to force yours.

Accordtheory
01-07-2006, 04:59 AM
What do mean by check your other posts? Does that means once you got the actual passenger side 90-93 axle, it was all good? I hope so..

I don't think an abs axle would cause problems, but who knows. You can get a 93 teg with abs. It's just a thing that fits over the hub to trigger a hall effect sensor, I don't think it would get in the way..

Legend_master
01-07-2006, 07:49 AM
What do mean by check your other posts? Does that means once you got the actual passenger side 90-93 axle, it was all good? I hope so..

Yep that what it means.

Well I figured out two ways to fix the axle problem. Either use a a 90-93 passenger side integra axle (I had two drivers side axles ) and remove the dust ring on the back of the hub ord use an 86-89 integra passenger-side axle.

I don't think an abs axle would cause problems, but who knows. You can get a 93 teg with abs. It's just a thing that fits over the hub to trigger a hall effect sensor, I don't think it would get in the way..

Everything I have read led me to believe that it dose make a difference.

SQ is the SQUAD
01-07-2006, 10:19 AM
maybe mine was a tight fit cuz the hub been sitting out side for a while, in i sand everythnig down and lub it up i prob wond have that problem. it did come out pretty good

Legend_master
01-07-2006, 12:32 PM
can you guys tell me where the back up switch is located?

Accordtheory
01-07-2006, 03:33 PM
On the tranny..it's the only connector on it.

p.s. Rywire can Juggle my fucking balls!

ICEMAN707
01-07-2006, 09:14 PM
so what's the final verdict legend master? 90-93 integra LS axles and rear tranny mount bracket work? no need for placeracing axles? this means we could use stage 2 and stage 3 90-93 teg axles then...hell yea.

Legend_master
01-07-2006, 09:39 PM
so what's the final verdict legend master? 90-93 integra LS axles and rear tranny mount bracket work? no need for placeracing axles? this means we could use stage 2 and stage 3 90-93 teg axles then...hell yea.

Well there is no problem with the drivers side 90-93 axles, but I will have to get back to on the 90-93 passenger side axle. The hub spins now that I removed the dust ring, but it looks like the axle is a little cramped. I will have to get back to once I get it running. If you were to use an 86-89 integra axle, it would fit much better and you dont have to remove the dust ring.

Legend_master
01-07-2006, 09:45 PM
UPDATE: I am having a little bit of a wireing issue, but nothing that can't be fixed with a little bit of time and patience.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/ca2144be.jpg

SQ is the SQUAD
01-08-2006, 10:11 AM
dood, can i see a close up pic of your drivers side mount, actuall off of them if you can

Legend_master
01-08-2006, 10:17 AM
dood, can i see a close up pic of your drivers side mount, actuall off of them if you can

Yeah I will take some when I get off of work today.

Accordtheory
01-08-2006, 11:20 PM
no timing cover, huh? Me neither.. hey, what hoses are you using for coolant, integra hoses? I haven't even looked at that yet, or if the accord heater hoses will work either..

Legend_master
01-08-2006, 11:51 PM
no timing cover, huh? Me neither.. hey, what hoses are you using for coolant, integra hoses? I haven't even looked at that yet, or if the accord heater hoses will work either..

theres no need for a timeing cover :deal: . I am running the factory upper radiator hose and I am running an integra lower radiator hose, but I had to make it smaller at then end to make it work with accord radiator. As for all the other hoses I used the accord ones.

SQ is the SQUAD
01-09-2006, 01:19 PM
theres no need for a timeing cover

have you ever ran over a freshly paved road or some pebbles and you feel the bouncing around in your wheel well. well amigine some of those pebbles getting thrown between your timing belt and cam gear, it wont be nice. the timing cover is there for a reason. but, let me stop preaching cuz ill prob not have one on myself

civic_90_08
01-09-2006, 01:31 PM
looks good y0...ive thought about doin this myself...my dad is a mechanice and he could get me just about any honda motor i want...hmmm

Legend_master
01-09-2006, 02:28 PM
have you ever ran over a freshly paved road or some pebbles and you feel the bouncing around in your wheel well. well amigine some of those pebbles getting thrown between your timing belt and cam gear, it wont be nice. the timing cover is there for a reason. but, let me stop preaching cuz ill prob not have one on myself

my friend has been driveing around without a cover for almost 2 years and has had no problems, so no worries here.

SQ is the SQUAD
01-09-2006, 10:16 PM
where are my closeup mount pics

masterkillalw
01-10-2006, 05:40 PM
I am not running a timing cover either.

Accordtheory
01-10-2006, 06:53 PM
Well, shit, I was going to put one on, but now I might not..yeah right, I'd be the one to get fucked by not doing it..

And close up mount pics would have Really helped me, I just spent way too long making a driver's side mount. I'll post pics later..

SQ is the SQUAD
01-10-2006, 07:47 PM
Well, shit, I was going to put one on, but now I might not..yeah right, I'd be the one to get fucked by not doing it..
And close up mount pics would have Really helped me, I just spent way too long making a driver's side mount. I'll post pics later..

com on man, the suspense is killing me

Accordtheory
01-10-2006, 07:58 PM
Ok..my fucking tranny is hitting the side of the bay and it can't really go over any farther, maybe like a 16th of an inch.. or my driver's side mount bracket (90-93 integra style, supposedly) will hit the mount on the car..wtf..

88LXi68
01-10-2006, 08:23 PM
Ok..my fucking tranny is hitting the side of the bay and it can't really go over any farther, maybe like a 16th of an inch.. or my driver's side mount bracket (90-93 integra style, supposedly) will hit the mount on the car..wtf..

I pulled/hammered the passenger side of the bay out a bit to clear the tranny. I also am not running a timing cover, but I am putting mine back on because you can not set timing without it. The B-Series uses the a mark on the cover to set the timing, unlike the A-series window style on the tranny.

Accordtheory
01-10-2006, 08:24 PM
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/814000-814999/814838_5_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/814000-814999/814838_6_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/814000-814999/814838_4_full.jpg

Accordtheory
01-10-2006, 08:28 PM
passenger side mount should be done in a couple hours...what do you guys think of the driver's side mount..? I call it the stegasaurus..isn't that the dinosaur that has that big ridge on its back? i don't know shit about dinosaurs..

Legend_master
01-10-2006, 09:11 PM
passenger side mount should be done in a couple hours...what do you guys think of the driver's side mount..? I call it the stegasaurus..isn't that the dinosaur that has that big ridge on its back? i don't know shit about dinosaurs..

Holy shit, that looks really good. I had to angle the motor to get it to fit in the car. Once I cleared everything I placed the motor in there correctly. The rear mount and bracket had to be put on last and the firewall brake lines had to be moved up to allow for the mount to be placed. I didnt have to bend anything to get the tranny to clear, it all came down to moving the motor at the right angle.

Legend_master
01-10-2006, 09:17 PM
I pulled/hammered the passenger side of the bay out a bit to clear the tranny. I also am not running a timing cover, but I am putting mine back on because you can not set timing without it. The B-Series uses the a mark on the cover to set the timing, unlike the A-series window style on the tranny.

You don't need the cover to time the motor. You can line the cams up so that the marks on the two cams are even with each other and bottom of the head. The crank has a mark that you can line up with a little arrow on the block (actually the oil pump, but you get the point).

SQ is the SQUAD
01-10-2006, 09:38 PM

is that the placeracing kit or is it custom?
if custom, what mounts?

Accordtheory
01-11-2006, 01:01 AM
Man, I am tired as fuck...I just finished carefully hammering the side of the engine and the rear crossmember by the back of the tranny for clearance, finished fabricating the passenger side mount, and dropped the engine in for like the 4th time. When I took the support I had on the back mount out with the 2 side mounts in place, the engine didn't even move..that means I balanced the side mounts perfectly..sickness. I think the driver's side mount came out pretty good, as did the passenger mount, but then I painted the bracket that I welded onto the passenger side of the engine bay this hideous gloss black..I'll have to do that over, damn it.. Tomorrow I'll build the back mount, and then post more pics. I was going to post in progress pics today, like a how to, showing the templates that I made out of cardboard for the mount, etc, but my stupid camera died.

Legend_master
01-11-2006, 01:09 AM
Man, I am tired as fuck...I just finished carefully hammering the side of the engine and the rear crossmember by the back of the tranny for clearance, finished fabricating the passenger side mount, and dropped the engine in for like the 4th time. When I took the support I had on the back mount out with the 2 side mounts in place, the engine didn't even move..that means I balanced the side mounts perfectly..sickness. I think the driver's side mount came out pretty good, as did the passenger mount, but then I painted the bracket that I welded onto the passenger side of the engine bay this hideous gloss black..I'll have to do that over, damn it.. Tomorrow I'll build the back mount, and then post more pics. I was going to post in progress pics today, like a how to, showing the templates that I made out of cardboard for the mount, etc, but my stupid camera died.

Make sure to check your rear mount bracket is for a 90-93 integra. It will have a slight bend to the left(when looking down on it from the top of the motor) and it is alot shorter then the hydro bracket. Also You can just remove the crossmember, they only use it to support the transmission, because there is not a side tranny mount in the 3gee. Good luck with everything

Accordtheory
01-11-2006, 01:11 AM
Here's a random pic of the passenger side mount before installation..
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/814000-814999/814838_7_full.jpg
I suspect that reinforcement is overkill, but I just felt like doing it..

Legend_master
01-11-2006, 01:14 AM
Here's a random pic of the passenger side mount before installation..
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/814000-814999/814838_7_full.jpg
I suspect that reinforcement is overkill, but I just felt like doing it..

EDIT:dead pic link
Here is the pri, did you check for hood clearance?

Accordtheory
01-11-2006, 01:21 AM
Make sure to check your rear mount bracket is for a 90-93 integra. It will have a slight bend to the left(when looking down on it from the top of the motor) and it is alot shorter then the hydro bracket. Also You can just remove the crossmember, they only use it to support the transmission, because there is not a side tranny mount in the 3gee. Good luck with everything
Can you post a pic of your rear mount bracket/setup? I think mine is from a 90-93 integra, but now you have me curious.

p.s. I think I'd have a few problems if I removed my rear crossmember...lol..that's the one i was hammering..

Legend_master
01-11-2006, 01:23 AM
Can you post a pic of your rear mount bracket/setup? I think mine is from a 90-93 integra, but now you have me curious.
p.s. I think I'd have a few problems if I removed my rear crossmember...lol..that's the one i was hammering..

Yea I will post pictures of all the mounts when I get some time to take pictures of everything.

SteveDX89
01-11-2006, 02:42 AM
You don't need the cover to time the motor. You can line the cams up so that the marks on the two cams are even with each other and bottom of the head. The crank has a mark that you can line up with a little arrow on the block (actually the oil pump, but you get the point).

He's talking about ignition timing. You need the bottom timing cover to set that.

Accordtheory
01-11-2006, 11:25 AM
Here is a lousy pic of the passenger side mount. I know that paint looks like shit, I don't need any playa hation. The welds didn't look that bad before I painted it.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/814000-814999/814838_8_full.jpg
legend master, is this what your bracket looks like?
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/814000-814999/814838_9_full.jpg

Accordtheory
01-11-2006, 11:51 AM
I have to say, that mount bracket is completely fucking Retarded! If I put a mount in it, the mount will hit the firewall, the fuel filter on a hard downshift, and necessitate relocation of those 3 brake lines. I need a bracket that curves to the right. Does the 94+ one do that?

I have a feeling I'm going to end up making my own bracket.

Legend_master
01-11-2006, 12:14 PM
I have to say, that mount bracket is completely fucking Retarded! If I put a mount in it, the mount will hit the firewall, not to mention necessitate relocation of those 3 brake lines. The stupid thing curves to the left for no reason! Does the 94+ one do that?
I have a feeling I'm going to end up making my own bracket.

No the 94 goes straight back, but it is about 1 1/2" longer and was crammed against the firewall in my car. Just use the stock 90-93 mount and bracket all you need to do is find a way to bolt the mount down.

Legend_master
01-11-2006, 12:40 PM
No the 94 goes straight back, but it is about 1 1/2" longer and was crammed against the firewall in my car. Just use the stock 90-93 mount and bracket all you need to do is find a way to bolt the mount down.

Also looking at your mounts, you set the motor further back in the bay then PRI did. My mount hit the brake lines, but the mount bracket dident.

Accordtheory
01-11-2006, 01:32 PM
I don't think my motor is back any farther than the pri kit. Look at how my driver's side mount is, then compare to the pri kit. Specifically, look at the relation of the front bolt on the bracket connecting to the engine to the mount on the engine bay. The back bracket will smash my fuel filter if it jerks up on a downshift, and the mount itself will hit the brake lines and the firewall just sitting there..ugh..

There is no way I'm going to bolt the mount in place..all welds. The mounts were intended for a crx, so I'm just salvaging them, using the what I can, and of course the bushings themselves, 75A hardness pieces from innovativemounts.com. That driver's side mount took me a long time to make. It ended up being the opposite configuration that it came, with several tack and retack sesions. Right now I'm still unsure of what I want to do with the back mount..if only that damn mount bracket was a little lower..I think it would clear then.

SQ is the SQUAD
01-11-2006, 01:37 PM
accordtheory, what mounts are you using?

Accordtheory
01-11-2006, 05:04 PM
Well, I made the bracket lower...
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/814000-814999/814838_10_full.jpg
..as stated in the previous paragraph, crx swap mounts from innovativemounts.com, SQ..
Don't think that is going to help you out At All, unless you can fab shit. I'm putting like 2 hrs into each mount, Not cool. Look at my driver's side mount, and then look at what it used to look like on their website, you'll see what I mean.

Legend_master
02-05-2006, 10:13 AM
ok guys, make sure not to use the 90-93 integra passenger side axle, because mine is vibrating like a bitch. I am going to have to go switch it for an 86-89 integra axle at autozone. Between 2k and 3k the car start vibrating hard core and I think it has to do with that axle being to long. I will let you guys know when I get it fixed.

Accordtheory
02-05-2006, 06:58 PM
Did you try to push the outer cv in before you put the axle nut on to see how much clearance you have?

I still haven't put my axles in..

twofast4u
02-05-2006, 07:01 PM
im starting to wish i got a fuel injected accord rather than a carborated....

Legend_master
02-05-2006, 07:01 PM
Did you try to push the outer cv in before you put the axle nut on to see how much clearance you have?
I still haven't put my axles in..

Well I am not quit sure what you mean, but there is no play in the shaft like there should be. I might replace the drivers side with an h22 axle, because the axle looks a little stretched. I would recomend not using a the 90-93 passenger side axle, because it is definitaly to long. 86-89 looks like the way to go.

Accordtheory
02-06-2006, 11:24 AM
well, shit, there is a guy on here who is supposedly using the stock accord passenger side axle, and that's at least 1/1/2" longer than the 90-93 teg axle..
What I mean by pushing the joint in is this: Put the axle in, snap it into place in the tranny, put your wheel on, drop the car down to its normal ride height, now try to push the whole axle farther into the tranny side cv joint by pushing on the outer splidle/stub whatever with the axle nut removed. If you can't move it in more, the axle is too long. Is that basically what you mean when you say there is no play in the shaft?

Legend_master
02-06-2006, 01:19 PM
well, shit, there is a guy on here who is supposedly using the stock accord passenger side axle, and that's at least 1/1/2" longer than the 90-93 teg axle..
What I mean by pushing the joint in is this: Put the axle in, snap it into place in the tranny, put your wheel on, drop the car down to its normal ride height, now try to push the whole axle farther into the tranny side cv joint by pushing on the outer splidle/stub whatever with the axle nut removed. If you can't move it in more, the axle is too long. Is that basically what you mean when you say there is no play in the shaft?

thats exactly what I mean by no play and the accord axles do not fit in the b-series hub, I tried and the spline is way to thick.

Accordtheory
02-06-2006, 06:26 PM
thats exactly what I mean by no play and the accord axles do not fit in the b-series hub, I tried and the spline is way to thick.
I don't know what you mean by that..but the passenger side accord axle will fit into the b series tranny..

Legend_master
02-06-2006, 06:29 PM
I don't know what you mean by that..but the passenger side accord axle will fit into the b series tranny..

I tried to fit the accord axle into the b-series tranny and it would not go in.