PDA

View Full Version : Oil Cooler?

BensAccordLxi
08-19-2002, 09:22 AM
Is it posible to get an oil cooler for the lxi? Who sells one if they do?

ACCORD EX
08-19-2002, 02:45 PM
an oil cooler ! ??? what is that ! ?

MIKE

BensAccordLxi
08-20-2002, 06:02 AM
You don't know what an oil cooler is?

BensAccordLxi
08-20-2002, 08:05 AM
The way an oil cooler works is much like your radiator. You have a line that runs from your engine to a small radiator like disigne.(monted infront of the radiator) The air cools the oil like it does the water in your radiator and then it sends it back into your engine. The idea is simply the same.....Cooler fluids inside the engine=cooler engine temp.=better performance.

OldSchoolSwap
08-20-2002, 09:46 AM
You don't need that for now, unless you produce about 500hp or so!
I would invest in better things ;)

valerit1
08-20-2002, 01:34 PM
Do not forget the importance of the oil reaching the operating temperature quick! In fact, an oil warmer will be much more important for our small and heat efficient engines. Oil cooler issue prevails in huge engines and the turbocharged ones, where oil gets very hot quickly and may get overcooked.

BensAccordLxi
08-20-2002, 02:22 PM
I do alot of road racing and I notice the temp gauge likes to run a little on the warn side. I have a few friends who I race with that have said that the oil cooler helps keep the engine a little cooler.
I understand if your car is not much more than a daily driver that you really wouldn't need an oil cooler. On a tight corse where you don't reach high speeds and you have to run most of the corse 45grand on the tach in second gear, your engine gets hot and the oil cooler will help with that.

ACCORD EX
08-20-2002, 02:57 PM
thanx for explaining !
but first try flushing the system coolant !

MIKE

OldSchoolSwap
08-20-2002, 03:42 PM
Synthetic oil would play a big roll in keeping oil to safe levels. use Mobile 1 fully Synth. if you run hard most of the times.

A20A1
08-20-2002, 06:51 PM
7,500 rpm in second uphill causes my head to squirt oil all over... when i stop or slow down at the top of the hill, all the oil drips down onto the exhaust and a big puff of stinky smoke fills the air.

I use mobile 1 super syn.

Sabz5150
08-20-2002, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by A20A1
7,500 rpm in second uphill causes my head to squirt oil all over... when i stop or slow down at the top of the hill, all the oil drips down onto the exhaust and a big puff of stinky smoke fills the air.

I think your engine is trying to tell you something... probably along the lines of "QUIT THAT!"

-5150 :bandit:

pric
08-20-2002, 08:24 PM
I think your engine is trying to tell you something... probably along the lines of "QUIT THAT!"

I think your right.

anchovies
08-20-2002, 08:56 PM

murderer :fight:

OldSchoolSwap
08-20-2002, 09:21 PM

7500 rpm?? not bad for that engine!
Checked your site... cam i see ;) hey, why don't you add my link on your page? i'll add yours as well.

A20A1
08-20-2002, 11:46 PM
ok ok... not tonight but soon

Jims 86LXI HB
08-21-2002, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by BensAccordLxi
I do alot of road racing and I notice the temp gauge likes to run a little on the warn side. I have a few friends who I race with that have said that the oil cooler helps keep the engine a little cooler.
I understand if your car is not much more than a daily driver that you really wouldn't need an oil cooler. On a tight corse where you don't reach high speeds and you have to run most of the corse 45grand on the tach in second gear, your engine gets hot and the oil cooler will help with that.

If your running the needle past the 1/2 way point, I'm inclinced to suspect the effecientcy of the whole cooling system, even factoring in what your doing. And I'd worried about what kind of oil pressure you've got pulling those g's all the time, never did install a pressure guage in mine to check.;)

Curious what is your suspension setup?