PDA

View Full Version : sub set up

AccordRacing21
01-06-2006, 07:11 PM
I built this box for a flush mount in my old car, and it ended up fitting perfectly like this. There's perfect amount of room for the amp to sit inbetween the seat and the box too. I'm going to repaint the box and screw the amp down. Any other advice? Be honest.

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/4696/car0095fh.th.jpg (http://img481.imageshack.us/my.php?image=car0095fh.jpg)

phrenology
01-06-2006, 07:12 PM
I built this box for a flush mount in my old car, and it ended up fitting perfectly like this. There's perfect amount of room for the amp to sit inbetween the seat and the box too. I'm going to repaint the box and screw the amp down. Any other advice? Be honest.
http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/4696/car0095fh.th.jpg (http://img481.imageshack.us/my.php?image=car0095fh.jpg)

Yeah don't wedge your amp into an enclosed space between your seat and the box...it needs to breath...I've burned myself on a hot amp and it ain't pleasant.

AccordRacing21
01-06-2006, 07:15 PM
It has plenty of breathing room. There's a gap above the box and the rear deck. I used to have this amp flush mounted with plexiglass on top of it...no breathing room at all and it did fine. Thanx for the advice though.

BTW: I like this set up because I have plenty of trunk space now. :)

phrenology
01-06-2006, 07:17 PM
It has plenty of breathing room. There's a gap above the box and the rear deck. I used to have this amp flush mounted with plexiglass on top of it...no breathing room at all and it did fine. Thanx for the advice though.
BTW: I like this set up because I have plenty of trunk space now. :)

Sounds like a plan...what kinda SPLs you get out of that set up?

AccordRacing21
01-06-2006, 07:20 PM
I've never tested it, but for a piece of shit XPLOD amp it's pretty damn loud. I'm not sure how to explain how loud it is....my friends call the back seat the "massage seat" and they fight to sit back there. Maybe I'll go get the SPL tested when I finish installing everything.

Strugglebucket
01-06-2006, 10:07 PM
if you favor sound over convenience you can move the box to the back of the trunk, still facing the back of the trunk. when it's up by the seat anything sub 50hz kind of dies.

ivanfbi
01-08-2006, 05:34 PM
first, its not unique, but clean set up. second, you need a lot of air coming to that amp, since sony xplode isknown for crappy quality and overheats easily, be prepared to throw that amp away sooner or later, also, JL w1 is kinda silly as well, i would rather spend same money and get 1 worth sub, like IDQ12, which will save a lot of space, sound better and cleaner and harder, and a little better amp, like Phoenix Gold or Hifonics. Not blaming, just saying that your choice of equiptment is a little bad for my taste. But good luck to ya, hope you like it.

bullard123
01-08-2006, 05:42 PM
Whts up ivanfbi long time no see dude. Did you get another 3gee? I know you sold the hatch a while back right?

AccordRacing21
01-08-2006, 05:42 PM
first, its not unique, but clean set up. second, you need a lot of air coming to that amp, since sony xplode isknown for crappy quality and overheats easily, be prepared to throw that amp away sooner or later, also, JL w1 is kinda silly as well, i would rather spend same money and get 1 worth sub, like IDQ12, which will save a lot of space, sound better and cleaner and harder, and a little better amp, like Phoenix Gold or Hifonics. Not blaming, just saying that your choice of equiptment is a little bad for my taste. But good luck to ya, hope you like it.

Sorry, I can't afford expensive equipment like you. The amp is 3 years old. I picked it up for $20, so I'm not complaining. Hasn't "overheated" yet. I'm not trying to defend the amp because, I believe I already said, it's a piece of shit. The subs sound pretty good for the cost too, because like I said, I don't have a lot of money. If you're so damn rich why don't you buy me some better subs then? And I don't care if it isn't unique, I have a trunk again, which is what I need for commuting back and forth to college.

ivanfbi
01-08-2006, 06:33 PM
Whts up ivanfbi long time no see dude. Did you get another 3gee? I know you sold the hatch a while back right?
hey wassup, no i am driving a volvo, working (part time) on my dads volvo wrecking yard, and going for V-Catt (Volvo Certified Automotive Technician Training) in college. I just visit this page because i still like those hatches.

ivanfbi
01-08-2006, 06:40 PM
Sorry, I can't afford expensive equipment like you. The amp is 3 years old. I picked it up for $20, so I'm not complaining. Hasn't "overheated" yet. I'm not trying to defend the amp because, I believe I already said, it's a piece of shit. The subs sound pretty good for the cost too, because like I said, I don't have a lot of money. If you're so damn rich why don't you buy me some better subs then? And I don't care if it isn't unique, I have a trunk again, which is what I need for commuting back and forth to college.
wow, i didn't want you to get mad, i was just throwing ideas, you know. i was just saying that equptment i would choose would cost same as equiptment you have, if bought new. but yeah $20 can't beat that, even if it burned dowm in a week, wouldn't hurt

bullard123
01-08-2006, 09:10 PM
hey wassup, no i am driving a volvo, working (part time) on my dads volvo wrecking yard, and going for V-Catt (Volvo Certified Automotive Technician Training) in college. I just visit this page because i still like those hatches.
Right on man its good having you around again. So you are going to school to be a Volvo mechanic. Thats pretty cool I would love to work for Honda some day. Yeah we got a lot of new hatches on the board. I know you kinda miss yours.

A18A
01-13-2006, 02:34 AM
that is a huge advantage of having folding down seats, ur lucky, thats a nice setup 2

l3aLLa
01-14-2006, 08:26 AM
Yes fold down seats are nice. Dont under estimate the xplod amps. I have a 1000W and it pushes my 15's perfect. The only thing I dont like about going all out with a system in the accord is that its hard to control the rattling. That and the trunk is so small the the point where I have to much air flow and its literally pushing my window up and down which is starting to scare me.

FyreDaug
01-14-2006, 12:45 PM
Its tight, pretty nice and clean.