PDA

View Full Version : Rattling trunk solutions

HondaBoy
01-07-2006, 12:13 AM
ok well i'm sure anyone with a sub in the trunk has delt with annoying rattling. nothing much in my trunk rattles except for the spring bars that hold the trunk up when its opened. the little plastic sleeves that go on them slid around and dont do anything but rattle with i'm bumpin. i have to manouver the bars so they are snugged together, that works for a bit but i always have to fix them. has anyone taken those out? i was thinking i could just remove them because i dont use my trunk for anything else but housing the sub box. i also though i could use some coil springs to keep the trunk up when opened like how older cars have them. for instance old dodges and such cars. i just want the rattling to stop. anyone else have problems with other thing rattling around? any solutions? also, i'm thinking of making a panel to go over the flap thing thats on the side of the trunk. its on the left side and comes out under the rear bumper on the underside. that lets a lot of the bass out i think. i can hear it opening when i have stood outside the car when the stereo was on.

crazykamper
01-07-2006, 12:17 AM
i think that flap thing you talkin bout will be a good fix. i think my rain and water leak is coming from there. still need to test it......

fraza
01-10-2006, 12:59 AM
yeh i had a rattling problem, best thing to do is ripp out all them black bars used for spring and put a strong coil spring of a big rubber band, so when u pull the boot releas the boot flys open at a million miles an houre, tends to make people smile

2drSE-i
01-10-2006, 03:33 PM
pad the coils id say. slide some rubber underneath each coil :D

HondaBoy
01-10-2006, 04:38 PM
yeah, i was thinking about doing that. like some how attach something between the bars to absorb the vibration between them. i took one bar out, the weaker of the two, and my rattling trunk is pretty much nonexisitant. i also covered the trunk vent thing thats on the left side at the bottom with some vinal sticker material and its working pretty well compared how it was. i'm thinking of adapting a support strut to lift the trunklid up and keep it upright. it looks quite easy, much easier than using a coil spring to do that. i'm going to take measurements and go from that. i'll post pix of that if i get around to it.

2drSE-i
01-10-2006, 05:04 PM
your an inovator

3rdCoast
01-11-2006, 11:17 AM
any pics of this vent or flap thing ur talking about? is the air circulation vent for the air to exit the car under the bumper?

DBMaster
01-11-2006, 12:33 PM
I think you could use some appropriately sized vinyl or rubber hose that they sell by the foot at Home Depot, split it with a utility knife, and secure it with plastic cable ties at the ends. I do that for some things under the hood as well.

halxi
01-11-2006, 11:15 PM
you must have a fairly low wattage smaller sub setup huh?

my whole damn car rattles on my 2 12's @ 1200w :(

3rdCoast
01-12-2006, 10:33 AM
yeah when i had my system in my other lx the metal i guess heat shield for the cat under the car would rattle. i hade to get under the car and try to find out what this noise was...lol

vampiro
01-12-2006, 10:41 AM
Alguien Habla EspaÑol, Me Gustaria Hablar Con Alguien Sobre Los Accords...¡¡¡ Contactenme

vampiro
01-12-2006, 10:43 AM
Hola A Todos

HondaBoy
01-12-2006, 12:11 PM
yeah, i dont have a large setup in the trunk. just one 1200 watt 12 with a 500 watt amp. it bumps good. i guess it does rattle everything in the car though, but i dont really hear it over the bass usually unless its at a low level. usually rattles the stuff in the door panels and rear shelf. and for vampiro, what you want to know about accords? not too many members speak spanish really. i understand most everything though.

halxi
01-12-2006, 03:08 PM
ya

all of my windows (minus windshield) rattle, all body moldings rattle, hood rattles, headlights rattle, trunk rattles, tails rattle, door panels rattle, and now my rear struts are starting to squeak and make noises... pissin me off lol

Cygnus
01-22-2006, 09:32 PM
Alguien Habla EspaÑol, Me Gustaria Hablar Con Alguien Sobre Los Accords...¡¡¡ Contactenme
Yo soy de Puerto Rico.

HondaBoy
02-05-2007, 03:52 PM
i had removed the spring bars from the trunk which elimentated the rattling trunk noise. but i had started to use the trunk to put my tools and whatnot in and was tired of the trunk lid falling and not staying up when opened. so i reinstalled the springs bars and put some heater hose around them. so far has kept any rattling from them. what i did was cut the heater hose down the middle, wrapped the bar with it and bound it up with zip ties.

shepherd79
02-05-2007, 04:14 PM
well the best way to stop rattle in the truck is to remove that sub. you would be surprised how much less annoying and quite your car will sound. :lol: :D

really, use a lot of dynomat or some other material that can cancel out noises.
I know on my old car i had to strip the trunk and rear window deck and use a lot of dynomat. It was perfect. People outside could hardly hear it, but inside was loud as hell.

HondaBoy
02-07-2007, 03:02 PM
i'm thinking of using a spray on sound deadener that i can order from the same company my body shop teacher orders the paints from. would be cheaper than dynomat by far and would offer a nice rust proofing at the same time. either way, both would make the interior less noisy from rattling.

MessyHonda
02-07-2007, 04:40 PM
yeah on my autobody class my buddy had some extra rhino liner stuff...and he was going to give it to me i was going to spray it in my trunk but then his truck was stolen so i could not get it

Crazybird
02-07-2007, 09:35 PM
ya
all of my windows (minus windshield) rattle, all body moldings rattle, hood rattles, headlights rattle, trunk rattles, tails rattle, door panels rattle, and now my rear struts are starting to squeak and make noises... pissin me off lol

its because ur driving a civic:omg: :nuts:

MessyHonda
02-07-2007, 09:48 PM
lol....his civic would beat you even if it was running on 3 cylinders

Civic Accord Honda
02-08-2007, 02:01 AM
my car get's no BOOM BOOM :( ghay ass 1988 honda cass player 2.5watts per a ch