PDA

View Full Version : making more power from a 12v signal help!!!!!!

SQ is the SQUAD
08-19-2002, 09:24 AM
i am installing my alarm and for the aux/trunk switch i am gona have it go to my accuatur for my pop door. the only thin is that the wire for the pop door that is comming out of the alarm is so small, it dosent give enough current to run the accuator. is there a relay or capacitior or someting i can hook this wire to so it will send a more powerful 12v+ signal? wen i jump the aucator from the battery it pops with no problem

89accordlxi
08-19-2002, 11:06 AM
Yes, any 12v auto relay should work fine. I'm pretty sure radio shack has something that will work. Just ask someone working there what you are trying to do and i'm sure they will show you what you need. Good luck. Sounds like a cool project.

Peace...

86LX-ihatch
08-26-2002, 08:23 PM
Yes you need a SPDT (single pole double throw) 12 volt relay. Just go buy one and email me and I will email you a diagram on wiring it up.

SQ is the SQUAD
08-27-2002, 03:33 AM
ok, ill try to get that today, i am also having problems with my power door locks, maybe u can help

POS carb
08-28-2002, 05:30 PM
most alarm outputs are not designed to poerate the solenoids or the lights etc. instead they provide a low level signal to actuate your relays, this is how the systems stay small and power-efficient.