PDA

View Full Version : Where do i start?

kdawgLXi
01-07-2006, 10:47 AM
Ok i just drove my accord HB for the frist time and i would like to say its really awsome way to go 3rd gen!!! i love the way it gets up and goes love the steering. i have driven some hondas but this was one of the funnest. its mine and i want to no what i can do to get this thing over 90 without struggling has much as it did its a LX-i automatic and completly stock im not sure what engine i have all i do no is that its fuel injected and its a SOHC. can anyone help me out on how i should stat this car out performance wise?

A20A1
01-07-2006, 11:27 AM
Armor Coat 4-2-1 Pacesetter Header or Coated 4-1 S&S Header

2.25" Cat-Back Exhaust

Cold Air Intake, Pipe diameter of anywhere between 2.00" to 2.50" and 2.50" to 3.00" for a Short Ram.

kdawgLXi
01-07-2006, 03:44 PM
i was just wondering wat engin name or how ca i find out wat it is and i found a v-tec :huh: kit (yea i no i have never seen one) but i just wanted to no i it would be posible on down the road to this installment. if not what ever casuse i just think it would be kool to have a 88 with it.
heres the link... http://www.overboost.com/obs/product.asp?pid=35813 for the kit.

A20A1
01-07-2006, 04:17 PM
No that is for a Vtec Head swap on a Non Vtec motor.
The thing is the head has to be able to fit on our A20 block.

I don't think there is any Vtec head that fits our block.

That kit will tap into the oil filter and use that oil to power the Vtec rocker assembly to lock in the different cam lobe.

BTW you have an A20A3 motor a.k.a. A-Series motor.

Another thing to look into for your car is a tune up.

Bglad420
01-07-2006, 04:22 PM
turbo.........or it will never be fast, unless you give your baby a bottle

kdawgLXi
01-08-2006, 11:43 AM
i dont like bottles so i was looking into a turbo.

kdawgLXi
01-11-2006, 02:58 PM
I have been looking for the parts and this is what i come up with:
DC Sports Headers
Weapon R short ram intake
...(no cat back yet)...
can anyone give me some names for a decent cat back systems and some name for a cold air intake
o yea eric thx for the search for headers and the intake helped alot. o yea and nice supra.

Bglad420
01-11-2006, 03:03 PM
Make your own with a magnaflow muffler and a resonator.......the kits you buy suck

kdawgLXi
01-12-2006, 03:21 AM
if i buy those can i just slide them on and use the old pipes?

2drSE-i
01-12-2006, 09:23 AM
Make your own with a magnaflow muffler and a resonator.......the kits you buy suck

thats what i did, sounds badass. i wouldnt stick with stock piping, its really restrictive and you wudnt see any gains at all. As for a CAI, stay away from weapon R. buy any cheapo ebay 94-97 accord cai, and trim it up (alot) to fit. it will fit, just REALLY tight.

speedpenguin
01-12-2006, 11:03 AM
have a cat-back exhaust built at a muffler shop.
or just remove the cat altogether if emissions doesn't bother you.
you can trim 94-97 accord CAI, as mentioned previously. there is also a how-to on building your own.
and of course, the DC sports header, or once again, having a shop weld you one.
searching is useful, there's a nifty button at the top of the page.
going beyond that is when you get into things like cams and other expensive goodies, unless you're looking to build a turbo right off the bat, and i wouldn't recommend that unless you did a ton of research first

kdawgLXi
01-12-2006, 07:31 PM
well i got a buddy who said he got his cat back at a shop and loved it.
as for the cai i was wondering is that the stock one or should i find a aftermarket? i have looked at the tread on how to do and i dont have the stuff to cut it up and stuff i mean i can do little trimings but ill ask around and see if i can get some help with it, o and do you think i will have to move my battery to the trunk?
What should i looking into for getting my car strong enough to handle a turbo... i have hread to many stories that didn't turn out happy bout people blowing there lil engins from them.

And i have only had one regular lil propblem with it.... antifreeze leaked in my passenger side dash and all over the mats but got it taken care of, no biggy. over all i really like this machine. :thumbup:

2drSE-i
01-12-2006, 09:02 PM
um i have an aftermarket one. cost me 25 bucks shipped. really all i used was a hacksaw, metal shears and pliers to cut everything i needed off. metal shears will cut that hole in the fender wider, and the pliers to pull the metal back. after that just use ur imagination. you dont have to move your battery to the trunk, but youll love yourself if you do. as for turbo, id say wait a long time, do your research, and nothing is impossible.

gfrg88
01-12-2006, 09:58 PM
90-93 integra cold air intake, fits perfect, all you have to do is move the battery over about 2 inches and youre all done, no cutting needed....

kdawgLXi
01-13-2006, 03:16 AM
ok i like the accord idea but does it have to be a 2.0 or can it be the 2.3(accord) or 1.8 (integra). i dont mind cutting it i was just wondering if you could tell me which one would perform better.

2drSE-i
01-13-2006, 02:26 PM
uh probly the teg one. the accord ones have more bends in them. unfortunately its a pain in the ass to move the battery. then again i have an everready battery (fucking thing is huge).
doesnt matter on the displacement (liters thing), just the size of the pipe. i ahve a 3" pipe, which is too big. you should probly go for 2.5 or 2.75

kdawgLXi
01-15-2006, 05:18 AM
can i put a b16 megan racing header on my a20? they were free so i grabed them up the end is pinched and i got to replace that part anyway. alll no about them is they come off that block but i dont if they were surposed to be they fit on his can some one help?

2drSE-i
01-15-2006, 05:43 AM
well i suppose you can, but it will have to be altered quite a bit. the exhaust manifolds are pretty different.

kdawgLXi
01-15-2006, 09:42 AM
well im goin to be putting on a new one any way and all i have is the 4 part and the 2 part, the 1 got pinched off.

2drSE-i
01-16-2006, 01:20 AM
well the 4 part needs to be completely replaced to work with the a20. the pipes may even have to be rebent.

edit

did anyone else feel 10 points dumber just by reading that??

bobafett
01-16-2006, 09:28 AM
the port spacing on the exhast manifold on an a20 is WAY different. im pretty sure ur better off just building a new header.

b16:

a20:

the ports dont line up, u woulld need an exhaust manifold flange ($33) and then have to modify the pipes to fit, which probably would be more trouble than it is worth. :) not to mention who knows if the location of the downpipe would interfere with the oilpan/crossmember.

ebay the header, its not like your going to lose any money...

A20A1
01-16-2006, 03:45 PM
not only that but the down pipe would point up into the car body since it will follow our engine tilt.