PDA

View Full Version : First Pic of B20A with a carb. It fits!!

RCracer
08-19-2002, 09:36 AM
OK so it isnt running on the carb yet but it does prove that the inlet bolts up and it also proves that there is enough room in the engine bay (even though hood clearance will be tight with a air filter)
Before anyone asks no I am not running it on a standard carb I just want to hear it run on a carb then it can be pulled out and rebuilt.
The inlet and carb are from a 88 AERODECK auto with a A20 motor
I am planing to run it on a weber 38dgas when it is in my car. HOPEFULLY:smokin:

shepherd79
08-19-2002, 09:39 AM
is it me or your intake is diff than mine.

PhydeauX
08-19-2002, 01:06 PM
He has no egr, guess its not required there. Hood clearance problems, thats what a sawzall is for, you'll get a nice cold air intake to boot ;). You'll probably want to put at least a 1/2" spacer under the dgs once its on there to take advantage of the higher revs that the b20 is capable of. Going at the center barrier with a die grinder wouldn't hurt either. The more volume in the plenum area the better its going to breathe up top.

andy

RCracer
08-19-2002, 01:26 PM
The B20 accord is the first 3rd gen accord I have seen the black box with all the vac hoses in the UK & I have never seen one with EGR.
Luckily the black box and vac lines will be getting thrown away with the rest of the car that I dont want when I have finished:flash:
I would have a weber on there to try it but havent found a site that sells the adapter plate on its own :( & there is little to no chance of finding a used one.
If its not raining tommorow I am going to see if I can get it to run.
I will post what happens.

shepherd79
08-19-2002, 01:35 PM
hey man, i think this website sells adapter plates. http://www.carbs.net/Weber/webernumber.asp
part number is 99004.128
i think it is like $65.63

RCracer
08-19-2002, 01:52 PM
Thanks for that.
I just wasn't sure that was the right one.
Then again Im not to sure what the right addapter looks like anyway.

carotman
08-19-2002, 02:05 PM
Damn, I verified that today too!!!! I was going to take poctures of mine as well.

Oh well, At least now people know it's possible to do it.

Justanothermike
08-19-2002, 05:04 PM
hey, AERODECKUK, did u get my PM?

thanks
mike

Steve_Si
08-20-2002, 02:27 AM
You know there is a factory fitted twin carb to the B18A motor? Reckon it might fit a B20A