PDA

View Full Version : Ever drive thru dealer lots in your 3G?

offthahook
08-19-2002, 11:44 AM
From time to time, I'll roll thru a used car lot (Honda, Chevy, Toyota, whatever...) EVERY time I do, the sales guys come out like vultures. I just roll through and they see the Accord and wave me down, ask me if I need help, stare, etc. I'm not even out the car. I know they think they can give me $1000 on a trade and buy my car to take home. Maybe put it on the lot for major $$$$. American dealer lots seem the worse; they want the imports cuz they bring big dollars. I bet if I drove an old Corsica through the lot they would not follow me and hunt me down...

markmdz89hatch
08-19-2002, 12:24 PM
Yep, but only with the Honda Dealers and used car dealers. Doesn't happen that often with the other dealerships. You're right, when you drive in you just look in the showroom, and watch them scurry like little ants to the door.

**Off topic. When I show up to any dealership with my 300Z, they come'a 'running. I actually had one salesman actually trip on his way out the door. They're all like, ready to trade that baby in... ...and I'm like, get your dirty paws off her, you filthy salesman.***

Inabj2
08-19-2002, 03:44 PM
Omfg thats hilarious hahahaha. :lol:

Stefi-blueLX
08-19-2002, 10:12 PM
I go every Sunday! You know, when the dealers aren't there. Well I go because my mom and I are both getting a newer car. She's got the 93 Accord wagon, and by far the only one around here that drives one. My dad won't let me keep the 3gee much longer. He's thinking about giving it to my sister. And she's as old as my 3gee!

Okay back to the used car lots....Yeah they "attack" me. Old men with no teeth! After that I drive off...and go to the Honda dealership, located in that RICH area of town. People look at me on the road like "Why the hell are you driving that old thing?" They just don't know, but they love those pop up lights!

Inabj2
08-19-2002, 10:15 PM
Thats the problem of parents buying cars for you..

Jims 86LXI HB
08-20-2002, 11:59 PM
This is what I usually heard. "Wow, nice car you really kept it up." "Do you plan on trading it in?" My usual answer, yeah right so you can give me 300 bucks for it, I don't think so buddy. Then I tell him, when I leave I don't need to be introduced to anybody else like a closer or his lame manager, damn I hate that.:rant:

Mike89Accordcom
08-21-2002, 12:42 AM
Same thing always happens to me in either car. You also half to remember, sales guys are like vultures, they will come out to any car because it could be a sale.

pimp86LX
08-25-2002, 02:57 AM
yah man, i give em a little credit (they are annoying mind you) i mean, some of them are trying to feed their families just like the rest of us. I'm sure i'd be all vulture on your ass if i got paid by commission too. :flip:

Jims 86LXI HB
08-25-2002, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by pimp86LX
yah man, i give em a little credit (they are annoying mind you) i mean, some of them are trying to feed their families just like the rest of us. I'm sure i'd be all vulture on your ass if i got paid by commission too. :flip:

That's not a license to be the scum of the earth, to push, lie and conjoule thier way to a sale. FIND A NEW LINE OF WORK!!! I've been in sales before and I didn't have to do that. I've never met a car salesman that treated people as well as I did when I was selling. Automotive dealers have a sky high turnover rate for sales people for a reason. I can't wait for the industry to change the way they do things now, but until then I'll take all the test drives that please me so I can have fun checking out all the cars that interest me, but will never buy. When I do run into a likeable salesman, I walk into his manager's office and give some good comments to his boss.

pimp86LX
08-25-2002, 08:32 AM
guess i'm the only one who's had a good experience, lol

Jims 86LXI HB
08-25-2002, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by pimp86LX
guess i'm the only one who's had a good experience, lol

Well I had a good experience but it was a long time ago and it was far away (glendale acura). When the salesman found out my wife and I had just married, he had a dozen rose's delivered to her at the dealership. That was nice, but I still had to haggle over the price of the A/C, GRRRRR!

offthahook
08-26-2002, 01:38 AM
I've had good and bad experiences, mostly GOOD. I'm upfront and do my homework. Yes, they do every drive thru as a sale, BUT our cars seem to get a lot of attention esp. when they are clean. They don't flock to Geo's and Chevettes like they do a nice clean import.