PDA

View Full Version : tuning with an air/fuel controller...

newaccorddriver
01-08-2006, 12:56 AM
im planning on going OBD1 soon. i know that the chances of an ECU running decently on our accords without tuning is pretty slim. i was wondering if i could use the ECU's timing map and control the fuel map with an air/fuel controller temporarily.

im planning on going turbo soon, so ill be needing an air/fuel controller anyways, and i think it would be nice to go OBD1 before turbo. anybody have any input on this?

newaccorddriver
01-08-2006, 05:40 PM
right now, i have access to a 92-95 civic ECU and 92-95 prelude ECU. as much as id like to get a P75 ECU their not too common and id be paying a premium for it...

im curious if i can run one of those and use an AFC to tune the air/fuel ratio until i get it chipped and tuned. its temporary and would last until i get the ECU chipped and ready to go turbo. im just not prepared to chip/tune an ECU if i plan to ditch the turbo project im gathering parts for already

Accordtheory
01-08-2006, 11:07 PM
I say if you're going to tune it, you're going to be using the wideband, trying to datalog, etc, why not just tune it once with the ecu program and be done with it..?

mykwikcoupe
01-09-2006, 09:11 AM
im not sure of your budget or overall plans but carotman is making headway on being able to use a obd0 ecu and trying to get turboedit or someother file. I think adam86lxi just went with the stock a20a3 ecu with an apexi safc. its good for what it is but has a 11-12 psi limit so unless you going more Id recommend that way.

Im just about ready to start installing mine. Ive got a boomslang 0bd1 conversion harness, p06 ecu, 93 teg dizzy and exhaust cam block off plate. I need to find some heat rated shielded wire to add the 2 extra wires for the dizzy. It looks like if you run uberdtata you can turn off the 02 sensor heater and something else so you dont need to add any wires just cange the pins. Hope this helps

mykwikcoupe
01-09-2006, 07:42 PM
when you upgrade to obd1 with the teg dizzy the dam pickup is part of the teg dizzy so your left with a part you took off the b20a and nothing to fill it. so you need a block off plate for the end of the cam

w00tw00t111
01-10-2006, 03:49 PM
any reason you decided to go the way of the teg dizzy rather then later Accord?

mykwikcoupe
01-10-2006, 04:21 PM
proven to work. Everyone has had issues with the newer accord and the teg one jst works. Used that way because its been proven is all