PDA

View Full Version : attn: old school swap!!

wickedaccord
08-19-2002, 11:46 AM
i need ur help.. to make things easier for me that is. i need to know exactly wat pins u changed on the ecu wiring harness. like a1 or b1 pins. i believe there was 3 pins to change but dont wanna hassle the search unless i have to. can u find the info for me whoever did it for u please? thanks

OldSchoolSwap
08-20-2002, 09:37 AM
Call
Pacific Performance
1-954-677-0205
ask for Steven

Although i would get place racing harness to avoid these missions!

wickedaccord
08-20-2002, 12:03 PM
believe or not.. place racing wanted to charge me 650 for the wire harness and a pigtail to my skunk2 p72 ecu. so i said screw it, ill use a skunk2 manifold and use the mugen pr3 ecu. another question.. did u also get ur shift linkage done at place racing?? if so,.. how low does it hang? seems like mine is gonna hang pretty low., thanks for the help. late

jon

OldSchoolSwap
08-20-2002, 01:08 PM
:eek: that much for the harness?? it should run for almost $300 but i guess the pigtale raised up your price!

I just used my linkage, it was cut and shortened to specs. Pretty easy and better than paying placeracing all that money...

It will hang perfect!

gr3k0sLaV
08-20-2002, 07:35 PM
I thought the place racing thing was just an adaptor?

so does that mean you gotta strip the entire car down and run new wires?

$600 is pricy its RIDICULOUSLY expensive!

wickedaccord
08-21-2002, 11:38 AM
the wireharness is actually 550.. ofcourse the pigtail would be 150 cuz that is the normal price for a pigtail. but u jus wouldnt expect that kind of price for jus a wire harness. they have some dumb guy working for them, so each time i called them for info, they'd always give me two different stories becuz one guy would say one thing.. then the other guy would give a totally different story. one guy wanted me to pull out the whole wireharness including the subharness. the hard part is the subharness has some wires connecting to the dash board somewhere, and that's too much of a pain to look for. it was a total of i think... 4 wires that led to the dash. so i did the engine harness myself. and gonna redo the pins on the ecu part. and 650 is rediculous! expecially after spending 1200 for mounts, shift linkage and a driver side mount bracket. again thanks for the info.

:bow: jon

OldSchoolSwap
08-21-2002, 01:08 PM
Well according to this link http://home.attbi.com/~moonscryer/placeracing.pdf the wire harness is $310.
If they over priced you, they are making 100% comission off you :(

wickedaccord
08-23-2002, 11:07 AM
well i spoke to steven.. he said he really didnt do much. the swap was already done. not to be rude, sounded like he didnt know wat he was talkin about, or he doesnt want to share info. dont know wat's goin on..???? thanks anyways

:bow: jon