PDA

View Full Version : 1989 honda accord vibration problem

oldschool3g
01-09-2006, 02:47 PM
Hey guys my friend had a 4 door honda accord that rattles and vibrates alot when stoped at a red light....what can be causing this problem?....ive been told its the ingectors...i checked them myself and their kinda leaking alittle...i dont know what is is please help...

Bglad420
01-09-2006, 02:48 PM
AUTO or MT????? Check mounts, they like to wiggle and jiggle...

Deadhead
01-10-2006, 08:15 AM
well, when you find something obviousely wrong, replace them and then go from there.

so step 1: Replace injectors (or just O rings if that's all they need)

Oldblueaccord
01-11-2006, 04:57 PM
Whats your idle at?

It may be low in gear and causing the motor to shake.

wp

HondaBoy
01-11-2006, 05:57 PM
its the motor mounts. believe me most old hondas with auto trannys do the same shit.

exyst
01-15-2006, 03:45 PM
Mine is MT and its doing the same thing as you describe: I have yet to find out what is causing this. When ever i get some time ill look into it more. But it may have something to do with your powersteering pump or brake booster, even tho steering wasnt a problem. The first time that happen to me my ps fluid was low. i filled up and it stopped, but a month later it started up again and only happens every once in a while. Even sitting in idle it does it sometimes. and louder when turning steering wheel and or pressing on the breaks.

TheWatcher
01-17-2006, 01:13 AM
AUTO or MT????? Check mounts, they like to wiggle and jiggle...
Werd.

Check the engine mounts.

Peace.

oldschool3g
03-06-2006, 09:15 AM
you think rebuilding the engine will fix this problem?

aerokid1987
03-06-2006, 09:20 AM
no check the motor and tranny mounts... almost all old accords have that problem...

oldschool3g
03-16-2006, 12:06 PM
hey guys i know this threads kinda old but i checked the motor mounts on my hatch and the only one i could tell was completly torn was the transmission mount on the passenger side....so i took it to the mechanic and he said that most of them are worn...and it would cost me $650...to replace them all...im like :wtf: so i dont know if i should do it...what do you guys think?

shepherd79
03-16-2006, 01:51 PM
you can do it yourself and save a ton if money. you can buy all the mounts from a dealer or autoparts store.

If your engine shakes and RPM at normal speed. check your idle valve. Most likely it is not working.

HondaBoy
03-16-2006, 02:41 PM
sounds like the mechanic is trying to rip you off right? but labor is going to be about 4 hours. parts total about $200 if you get all the mounts. i wouldnt worry about it though. mine vibrate when stopped in gear. unless your engine looks like it wants to "jump out" of the engine bay, then you'll be fine. when it looks like its going to jump out, this means like when you rev the engine you can visually see it move a great deal. the engine does move a bit though, but when it jumps around thats when its really time to change the mounts. i'll look up how many hours it is to change the mounts out next week though.

oldschool3g
03-16-2006, 04:00 PM
i think i am going to replace them...cause when he checked it he told me to look at the engine ehile he reved it....and i dont think its suppose to move that much...i mean the rear part of the engine lifted up alot!....so yeah i think its time to replace them...it will be worth it when i get it turboed later on in the future...thanks guys im gonna get that idle valve checked too...ill keep you updated.

oldschool3g
03-17-2006, 10:03 PM
ok heres whats going on...i checked my ECU and and it gave me code 01: which is the primary oxygen sensor..so i took it to the shop today to get both of them replaced along with all new motor mounts...i got it back today and it ran soooooo smoth from the insode of the car you cant even hear the engine running or feel it....so i drove it around for about an hour to make sure it was running good. the only thing it did was shiver alittle at a red stop light...but its way better than before:)...