PDA

View Full Version : ground wires near battery, need help

Shadowkat
01-09-2006, 08:41 PM
Here's the scoop, I'm just about finished with my 5 speed/engine swap, but i can't quite remember where some of these ground wires connect to. I'll list the wires in question and where I think they go. Please help me in any way you can, I'll post pics if need be to help locate the wires I'm refering to.

1) I have one yellow wire coming from the driver's side firewall that i believe is a ground that attatches to the body under the battery tray, this wire is covered by a plastic flexible conduit. Does this in fact ground under the battery?
2)There is what appears to be a ground coming from the positive(red) battery cable, I blieve this attatches to one of the screws in the fuse box, can you confirm this?
3)The ground wire that comes off the tranny near where the clutch cable attatches is the battery's negative (black) cable correct? Also, is there no actual ground coming off of this wire like the one that goes to the fuse box of the positive cable?
4) there is what appears to be a ground wire coming from the part of the engine wiring harness that connects under the battery tray. Does this ground to the fusebox or to the car body under the bat. tray?

Any help you can give is greatly appreciated, I'm so close to finishing this swap and I feel stupid for not labeling thse wires properly when I took my old engine out.

touring 1
01-11-2006, 07:55 PM
Oh, man, get a book wit a skizmatic. You'll start a fire with #2 if you ground it. that goes to something in the voltage regulator, not sure, but mos def not a ground.
have you downloaded the manual in PDF from russian kid. i did. Invaluable. Thanks russiankid.

AZmike
01-11-2006, 08:18 PM
1) Not sure
2) it's not a ground, it's 12 V, but it does go the screw at the end of the fuse box.
3,4) The ground from the battery goes from the lead, to a 6 mm bolt behind the battery (threads into the chassis), and ends on a 6 mm bolt on the transmission lift bracket.

Shadowkat
01-12-2006, 06:52 AM
thanks for the help. I do have the service manual by the way, but the problem is that i wasn't sure which schematic these wires would be on. The only wire i have left to figgure out is this yellow one that comes from the firewall on the drivers side. The wire is covered by plastic black flexy conduit. Any ideas?

kcaudill
01-12-2006, 12:19 PM
Pull it out see where it goes.....