PDA

View Full Version : Got screwed WHAT DO I DO!

my86dx4dr
01-09-2006, 11:04 PM
Ok guys my celica was stolen then recovered, well the celica shares the same motor with the camry of the same gen, SO i found a deal on a Camry basicly $300, Well it also came with a jdm motor on a crate for another $300 so 600 total. well i went down with the tow truck and paid $200 and picked it up, he didnt have the key or title, so i said when i pay the other half i'l get the key and title. well went down 2 weeks later and my friend rob was gonna pay for the motor and i pay the other 100 for the car, well my friend put the motor in the back of the car and then we talked money with the guy selling, My friend was so happy he got the motor, and the guy said he didnt have the title that his friend gave him the car and would give him the title when it was done, so he agreed to sign a bill of sale, stated it was bought as-is, didnt care it was raining i said ok and he said he would get the title and mail it to me, well now he wont answer, and i still dont have title or key, i was completely STUPID for going through with the deal, Now im worried that im out 300 bucks, so im trying to sell it as a parts car, but people want proof its not stolen, do i just go to the police depo and find out?:sadwave:

mkymonkey
01-09-2006, 11:12 PM
first call the police. of course not 911, get the number from your white pages. when they answer ask to be transfered to records. tell them that you bought a car and want to make sure its not stolen. they'll ask you for the plate vin and of course the make, model, and color of the car.

if it clears, then you dont have to worry about it. its as easy as that. you dont even have to go there just call. :D

of course you will have to ask your DMV for a copy of the title or something. i know that in CA they have online forms to do so, so you dont have to stand in line or whatever. try that out first :D

StressSolutions
01-10-2006, 07:06 PM
If it does come back as stolen, cops will probably come and get it from you, so you'll be out that too!