PDA

View Full Version : DC sports header?

ZackieDarko
01-10-2006, 03:30 PM
what would a fair price be to pay for a brand new in box DC sports header for the 86 LX-i?

A20A1
01-10-2006, 03:47 PM
$250-$300

Nice headers can go for around $1,500

DC is an okay supplier, but can't compete with custom built.
A stainless DC might go for $400 but I don't think you will find a stainless A20 header.

speedpenguin
01-12-2006, 07:06 AM
i've been wondering about custom...
can i jsut get a shop to weld me a header and about how much do you think it would cost?

FyreDaug
01-12-2006, 10:08 AM
More than the DC

bobafett
01-12-2006, 01:26 PM
and it will probably look like shit! :) and likely work like shit too! yay for custom parts.

pacesetter is functional but i would throw in a flex pipe at the very least!

A20A1
01-12-2006, 03:52 PM
Depends what shop you go to.

Why the patriot for pacesetter all of a sudden. :)

bobafett
01-12-2006, 04:20 PM
well i dont think a pacesetter 'works' poorly... its fit and finish is terrible, but that doesnt mean it doesnt work just as well as a DC header, as far as getting exhaust gasses out of the head. im 99.99% sure nobody has ever dyno'd the two, so really the only testimant is people who have used both on their cars...

i havent run pacesetter on my car, but on my fiances old accord. it worked fine, but the bracket to mount the exhuast to the block was WAY off, and so we just removed the bracket, also the flex 'joint' is really tacky... but as far as getting the job done, i think it worked ok. if u took a pacesetter, cleaned up the ports, and replaced the flex pipe section, i think you would have a decent header.

its not like DCs are still in production, otherwise i would recomend that... its a bit better build quality.. not perfect (in fact the welds holding the egr tube are are worthless, mine came right off when trying to remove EGR! :) ) but the finish at least doesnt burn off within seconds, like the pacesetter. my dc headers look 'decent' but certainly dont look great, after a few years of operation.

Mike89Accordcom
01-12-2006, 05:01 PM
I had a DC Sports Header in my Accord, and I paid $400 installed. I thought that was a great deal. If you plan on putting it in yourself, then $300 is pretty fair.