PDA

View Full Version : Wow we have quite a lineup...

AccordEpicenter
01-10-2006, 07:22 PM
Of serious turbo/high performance 3geez this year... we got my A20-T setup, Bobafetts built A20-T project, Adams86lxi going from B20A-T back to A20-T, Wickedaccords Turbo-built B conversion (OMG), 89 turboed's turbo A20, Legend master's B18 conversion (and possibly boost, snky snky) who else am i missing? This is getting intense. Finally people are getting serious.

spanky
01-10-2006, 08:04 PM
yea, there gettin there. slowly but surley. hopefuly by the end of the year there will be at least another 2 or 3. hopefuly one of em is mine. u kno

MattsAccord
01-10-2006, 08:16 PM
Justin86 had a completed turbo a20 until the bottom end went out. But it was fast when it ran.

military mase
01-10-2006, 08:25 PM
:wave: Don't forget me. Engines back in the car right now. I started it up yesterday. It's been about 7months scince i drove the car. I'm gonna put just under 500 miles on it before getting the turbo on. Right now i have to get it tuned again. I'll have some pics up soon.

86AccordLxi
01-10-2006, 08:40 PM
And what happened with Rob's beast? Is he still (re)building it?

Alex

Deadhead
01-10-2006, 08:53 PM
89 turbo'ed? has a built motor.... just FYI

bobafett
01-10-2006, 08:56 PM
w00t w00t! turbo A's are going to be the next wave of old school honda performance! :)

HondaSi88
01-10-2006, 09:08 PM
because i dont know what ever happen to sean?

I remember yrs ago when me and him drove up to mass to pick up a 3g........he installed my tranny and made me a CAI.
Good guy!!!!!!!!!

HondaSi88
01-10-2006, 09:09 PM
his car was QUICK!!!!!

lostforawhile
01-10-2006, 09:35 PM
well mine is built up internally,always has been,when I finish the autobody course and start the auto mechanics course i'll be building another one too. still want to do the four bike carbs eventually. theres power there you just have to think old school to find it.while we are on this subject,has anyone ever thought of using a two barrel rochester carb instead of the webber? I believe there was one better suited to our cfm needs then the holley. and it had an electric choke.

SQ is the SQUAD
01-10-2006, 09:51 PM
well if it counts, i am still building my jdm b20b, dual sidedrafts for my converted hatch

i am also trying to find a coupe to slap on the small turbo i brought yesterday. nothnig extreem, its gonna be a small hmt kit

SQ is the SQUAD
01-11-2006, 10:33 AM
cke, keep your eyes oyt for any cheep 88-89 lxi coupes, if you find one, ill drive out to amherst

SQ is the SQUAD
01-11-2006, 01:38 PM
was it the red one that was on ebay?

HondaBoy
01-11-2006, 06:00 PM
i'll probley do some head work this year. hopefully sooner than later in the year. this is because i'm starting school next week for automotive courses. i'd probley not touch the bottom end of my engine until it really needs it.

gfrg88
01-11-2006, 06:50 PM
well i still have planned to turbo mine by this summer, im going obd1 first, an IM and some headwork before everything else though ;)

mykwikcoupe
01-11-2006, 11:12 PM
man ok im lost here. why is ive never been listed on performance sheets? I mean hell what do i have to do to get some recognition around here. Well just for those who dont know Ive started another secret quest for best overall perfance a20a. Not telling anyone but very similar to adams (budget) system. This will make a 4th performance engine biuldup for me and yet nothing. Oh well I guess im a sleeper huh.

Ok I dont care really, cheap accord 200 bucks, get running real good 100 bucks, add some quick HP shooting for 250 with small turbo, finally a 400hp shot of nitrous. Final biuld cost, 400 bucks out of pocket as Ive got everything else already. This is going to be a one shot dyno car. I want to put it on the dyno, spool it up and hit the nitro button. I think the a20a will take it once. If not, oh well whats 400 bucks

SQ is the SQUAD
01-12-2006, 07:03 AM
man ok im lost here. why is ive never been listed on performance sheets? I mean hell what do i have to do to get some recognition around here. Well just for those who dont know Ive started another secret quest for best overall perfance a20a. Not telling anyone but very similar to adams (budget) system. This will make a 4th performance engine biuldup for me and yet nothing. Oh well I guess im a sleeper huh.
Ok I dont care really, cheap accord 200 bucks, get running real good 100 bucks, add some quick HP shooting for 250 with small turbo, finally a 400hp shot of nitrous. Final biuld cost, 400 bucks out of pocket as Ive got everything else already. This is going to be a one shot dyno car. I want to put it on the dyno, spool it up and hit the nitro button. I think the a20a will take it once. If not, oh well whats 400 bucks

thats the same thing i am doing. its just for fun

SteveDX89
01-12-2006, 09:44 AM
Some people are getting serious but most are not. Personally, I'm doing a stock bottom end rebuild due to financial constraints. That's the main thing with everyone on the site here. If I had 5-6K to drop, I'd be rolling around with a 240 whp beast.

Vanilla Sky
01-12-2006, 06:20 PM
if i had the money, i'd be either H or K. maybe have a running car, too :-p

AccordEpicenter
01-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Ive seen B18A/B motors make more tq than hp, not that uncommon on boosted cars, turbos build torque. Lostforawhile... man didnt you have a rebuilt engine or somthing? Yeah i forgot you justin86 etc

lostforawhile
01-12-2006, 09:05 PM
yea i've got a rebuilt that had a bunch of performance parts in it,kind of fuzzy on the details of what was put into it, going to build another one for myself,and according to the engine data sheets i had around here all the a20 series made more torque then horsepower, these engines may have had less horsepower but they had more torque then a lot of hondas for many years.

lostforawhile
01-12-2006, 09:26 PM
OK wicked accord owns this thread now, no one is goig to beat that horsepower and torque he's got now, excewpt maby johnny O

88Accord-DX
01-13-2006, 04:49 AM
I agree with SteveDX89, some get serious, most do not over financial constraints. I'm just doing a total rebuild. Probably going to cost me around $450. Not exactly sure at this point though.

military mase
01-13-2006, 09:11 AM
Not to take anything away from Wicked but you can't compare a gsr to a sigle cam A20. It's like comparing apples and oranges as they say but his build up is getting there.

AccordEpicenter
01-13-2006, 09:56 AM
Word. Yeah it would be more impressive to do it on an A20 but that car is seriously impressive nomatter what your engine/brand loyalties are. Shit is hot mang

HondaSi88
01-13-2006, 09:57 AM
so who has the most powerful a20 on here? with numbers and videos?

AccordEpicenter
01-13-2006, 10:19 AM
johnny o has one, but its not street legal. I think bobafett is gonna be up there when he gets his setup sorted out soon. Im probably the most powerful Stock A20 though

SQ is the SQUAD
01-13-2006, 11:25 AM
i belive i had the most weekest a20, i rember i couldent get past 93 mph. it was pretty sad. but........ that motors long gone. building the b series is taking alot longer than expected. knida makes me wish i dident do all that body work back in the day

lostforawhile
01-13-2006, 11:31 AM
Not to take anything away from Wicked but you can't compare a gsr to a sigle cam A20. It's like comparing apples and oranges as they say but his build up is getting there.I was talking about the 3g with the most horsepower,that car is the bomb,outstanding

military mase
01-13-2006, 11:49 AM
Yeah, i can't take anything away from Wicked. His shit is outstanding with all the work he has put into it. Won't people be so sad to go up against his accord.

AccordEpicenter
01-13-2006, 12:14 PM
hes gonna embarrass cars and setups costing over 10x his. Goodbye ferrari 360 and Aston martin and Porsche 911T

Deadhead
01-13-2006, 12:31 PM
nah, he'll get his ass kicked until 5th gear lmao!!

he can't get traction!

AccordEpicenter
01-13-2006, 01:40 PM
as it sits now with 400whp even on marginal tires it would do quite well id imagine especially from a roll, on dot drag tires he should obliterate damn near anything this side of a 10 sec supra turbo

Legend_master
01-14-2006, 04:51 PM
Some people are getting serious but most are not. Personally, I'm doing a stock bottom end rebuild due to financial constraints. That's the main thing with everyone on the site here. If I had 5-6K to drop, I'd be rolling around with a 240 whp beast.

Steve you should buy and LS bottem and put your b16 pistons on the ld rods and use the head already in your car. THere you go a close to 200 crank HP motor for less then the rebuild of the b16. I can get a complete b18 that dosent work anymore for $175.00 the block and crank are garuanteed<s/p to be good. Just go to the Junkyard and see what they have.

Ok back to the thread, I think most of the cars that are being built right now are by some of the seriose builders on this site. I havent really noticed alot of those BS threads about putting a b,h,k series in the 3gee. Alot of the people going turbo seem to have already bought the parts to get them going (minus the manifold). So good luck to everybody building out there.

SteveDX89
01-14-2006, 09:06 PM
Steve you should buy and LS bottem and put your b16 pistons on the ld rods and use the head already in your car. THere you go a close to 200 crank HP motor for less then the rebuild of the b16. I can get a complete b18 that dosent work anymore for $175.00 the block and crank are garuanteed<s/p to be good. Just go to the Junkyard and see what they have.

I've thought about what I want to do so many times it's not even funny. I've thought of LS/VTEC, GSR, B16 turbo, scrapping VTEC altogether for an LS turbo. But it comes down to having 2 B16 blocks already and the fact that all I need are bearings, rings, all the block gaskets, and a head gasket and I have a fully rebuilt stock B16. The head was rebuilt last year and I only put about 300-400 miles on it since then. I just want this damn car to run properly. It's been a bitch since the swap. I should have taken the time and effort to rebuild before I dropped it in but I was in too much of a hurry and screwed myself. I hope to start buying what I need next month and get the thing rebuilt by the end of March. Then starts the long break-in process which should be fun considering I only drive the thing about 100 miles a week. I guess it will have to be my daily driver again for a little while.

Legend_master
01-15-2006, 01:01 PM
I've thought about what I want to do so many times it's not even funny. I've thought of LS/VTEC, GSR, B16 turbo, scrapping VTEC altogether for an LS turbo. But it comes down to having 2 B16 blocks already and the fact that all I need are bearings, rings, all the block gaskets, and a head gasket and I have a fully rebuilt stock B16. The head was rebuilt last year and I only put about 300-400 miles on it since then. I just want this damn car to run properly. It's been a bitch since the swap. I should have taken the time and effort to rebuild before I dropped it in but I was in too much of a hurry and screwed myself. I hope to start buying what I need next month and get the thing rebuilt by the end of March. Then starts the long break-in process which should be fun considering I only drive the thing about 100 miles a week. I guess it will have to be my daily driver again for a little while.

I think you would be much happier in the long run, if you tore down the b16 and sold the block, crank, and rods. Then built an LS bottem end or even a GSR. It might come out ot be cheaper if you get a good amount of cash for the b16 parts and find a good deal on the B18 stuff. Either way good luck with the rebuild.

SQ is the SQUAD
01-15-2006, 01:09 PM
now i am really glad that i am taking my time building

SteveDX89
01-15-2006, 08:30 PM
I think you would be much happier in the long run, if you tore down the b16 and sold the block, crank, and rods. Then built an LS bottem end or even a GSR. It might come out ot be cheaper if you get a good amount of cash for the b16 parts and find a good deal on the B18 stuff. Either way good luck with the rebuild.

I totally agree. 1.6L just isn't going to get it done. At this time though, I just need to get it driveable and that means $200-$250 bucks and a few days worth of time. I'll wait a little while until I can get some money saved up for the big bad build.

lostforawhile
01-16-2006, 08:58 PM
while we are on the subject,i'm checking with redline/webber to see about a throttle body type fuel injection system. instead of going for the full multiport injection swapover,they have a cranktrigger system that replaces the carb with a two injector system. they have one for a 12 valve 1.5 litre honda but i'm wondering if the ecu can be tuned for the bigger engine. they also have universal kits,that probably can be adapted. it's not a perfect solution,but it's a lot eaisier to tune then trying to rejet a carb thats too big. or trying to mod the keihin carb. they put these on hot rods all the time and they seem to work great,they are not quite as fuel efficient as a multiport system,but better then a carb. by the way,before i forget,the fi versions of these cars came with the intank pump too right? my book shows the undercar pump only. it would be a lot eaisier to swap in one of those and have the threaded fittings. heres a picture of how one might look that would be close to what would go on our cars http://www.redlineweber.com/images/Fuel_Injection/slantFI.JPG