PDA

View Full Version : Making my Car Better

BigSackOfSht
08-19-2002, 02:33 PM
:bh: Well I own a 89' Honda Accord LXi, Standard Two Door. And Everything is stock.
So what can I do to make it run smoother and faster and improve gas mileages If even possible to make it any better....

Im bout to buy a 88' Honda Accord Lxi Automatic 4 door.
Any thing I can do to either of these would be nice..
Thanks in advance .

Of one more thing Not to expansive now on the upgrades I am
A POOR white boy from texas now... ok :chainsaw:

toastyghost
08-19-2002, 02:48 PM
I/H/E = intake, headers, exhaust.

Intake - Custom cold air intake piping or modify a 92 Civic intake. Relocate the battery to the trunk so the CAI filter can go up kind of in the fender behind the headlight.

Headers - DC Sports or Pacesetter headers from nopionline.com for a couple hundred bucks tops.

Exhaust - Performance muffler with 2.25" inlet, then go to a muffler shop and have them do custom 2.25" cat-back piping.

Ignition - MSD 6AL ignition system, superconductor wires, coils, and performance plugs like NGK or Denso Iridium.

Maybe some other little stuff like a slight timing advance or a fuel pressure regulator...

All of these are modular bolt-ons, meaning you can do them at your own pace by just getting one thing at a time as it is not necessary to have them all done at once to benefit from the effects.

chiller670
08-19-2002, 11:20 PM
trade your cars in for a faster car or spend money

Coitis1
08-20-2002, 08:39 AM
get a tune up

1988starter
08-20-2002, 10:05 AM
Start with a tune up NGK plugs and wires new PCV valve oil change new filter fuel filter Dist. cap and rotor. Also new air filter and possiable an accel coil.

Jims 86LXI HB
08-21-2002, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by 1988starter
Start with a tune up NGK plugs and wires new PCV valve oil change new filter fuel filter Dist. cap and rotor. Also new air filter and possiable an accel coil.

Yeah certainly a good start. If you do find you can afford headers, intake and exhaust, I can tell you from experience they really do improve the power. BTW, the DC Sports headers are next to impossible to find, pacesetter headers are easy to find.

1988starter
08-21-2002, 06:06 AM
Well a lot of people hat pacesetter because no true flex section. Well get the ceramic one and have a flex section put in. A muffler shop near me quoted me 30 bucks for a stainless one

1988starter
08-22-2002, 06:55 PM
For some better peformance you could also clean your throttle body