PDA

View Full Version : power doorlocks?

THEBlakAcc
08-19-2002, 02:34 PM
hey does anybody know if the 86-89 acccord came with pwr doorlocks?

B/c if it didn't would the 90-93 accord pwr doorlocks work on it if i was to get it and adapt to it?

Just a thought.. why shouldn't we get the luxury of pwr doorlocks!!?!? If its good for the 90-93 accord then its good for us too!!!

AccordSEi
08-19-2002, 04:05 PM
Only the 4-door Lx and LX-i s had power door locks. The hatches and coupes did not. Nor did any DX.

bigpoppa88
08-19-2002, 05:20 PM
1988 honda accord dx limited....power door locks indeed! cw power...window, antenna,door lock.

THEBlakAcc
08-19-2002, 09:37 PM
thank you gentlemen...i appreciate the info...

catalin
08-21-2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by THEBlakAcc
hey does anybody know if the 86-89 acccord came with pwr doorlocks?

B/c if it didn't would the 90-93 accord pwr doorlocks work on it if i was to get it and adapt to it?

Just a thought.. why shouldn't we get the luxury of pwr doorlocks!!?!? If its good for the 90-93 accord then its good for us too!!!

Aftermarket universal power locks will work, I found the Harada ones to work quite well. You can always transplant a Honda switch on the doors too.

anchovies
08-22-2002, 12:16 AM
ahhh...at last somebody has done it..
make a how to how to how to :D
the wires should already be there right?
I've got no time to rip my car and don't know which wires are for what

catalin
08-22-2002, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by anchovies
ahhh...at last somebody has done it..
make a how to how to how to :D
the wires should already be there right?
I've got no time to rip my car and don't know which wires are for what

No the wires will not be there and you can either use switches, an alarm or a keyless entry module to control them. If i have a bit of time, sometime I will take some pictures of my car. Other wise if you have any questions I can help you out with it.