PDA

View Full Version : about that damn shift linkage..

Accordtheory
01-13-2006, 05:57 PM
What do you guys who have done the b series swap think is the easiest way to connect the shift linkage? I tried to put it on today and the rod that connects to the tranny housing connected, but the one connecting to the shift rod is too long..will the b series rod just bolt in place of the accord one or what? I have a b series linkage, but it's all beat to shit, the end is crushed..damn it

Legend_master
01-14-2006, 04:17 PM
What do you guys who have done the b series swap think is the easiest way to connect the shift linkage? I tried to put it on today and the rod that connects to the tranny housing connected, but the one connecting to the shift rod is too long..will the b series rod just bolt in place of the accord one or what? I have a b series linkage, but it's all beat to shit, the end is crushed..damn it

I kinda missed this thread, but I hope it's not to late. All you have to do is cut the end off of the accord shift linkage and weld on the integra one. They are the exact same length. You can leave the TQ rod as is.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/Shiftlinkagecomparison2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/Shiftlinkagecomparison1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/Legend_Master/shiftlinkagecomparison.jpg

Accordtheory
01-15-2006, 11:23 AM
Thanks, legend master..
Well, I already fucked that up..I guess. I cut off the piece that fits onto the integra shift rod and welded that to the piece I cut off the accord tranny, so it bolts into the accord linkage. It is too long. I don't get it. What I did is basically the same as cutting off the entire end of the integra linkage and welding it onto the accord end..except more difficult, but I didn't want to take off my exhaust, etc.

So, if they're the same length, why can't you just swap the whole rod? It won't bolt up on the shifter end?

Legend_master
01-15-2006, 11:32 AM
Thanks, legend master..
Well, I already fucked that up..I guess. I cut off the piece that fits onto the integra shift rod and welded that to the piece I cut off the accord tranny, so it bolts into the accord linkage. It is too long. I don't get it. What I did is basically the same as cutting off the entire end of the integra linkage and welding it onto the accord end..except more difficult, but I didn't want to take off my exhaust, etc.

So, if they're the same length, why can't you just swap the whole rod? It won't bolt up on the shifter end?

That is the PRI linkage not a stock integra linkage.

Accordtheory
01-15-2006, 01:32 PM
Your pics show it, they are not the same length. The stock accord rod is longer, so that the ends line up when the pri one has its whole end on it and the accord has the other half of its end still on the old tranny.. Damn it! That means I have to take my entire exhaust off, take that stupid 10 foot long shield off, and then cut out some random length of my accord rod.

Accordtheory
01-15-2006, 01:34 PM
If you want to know how off the length is, my shifter is in 3rd while the tranny is in 4th. I think it's over an inch off.

Accordtheory
01-15-2006, 05:13 PM
Now I'm trying to figure out if I can use the energy suspension shift bushing kit for the 90-01 integra on my setup..any thought on this?

Legend_master
01-15-2006, 06:27 PM
Now I'm trying to figure out if I can use the energy suspension shift bushing kit for the 90-01 integra on my setup..any thought on this?

Well I never looked at the integra shift linkage, so I dont know if they are the same.

Accordtheory
01-15-2006, 08:12 PM
Shift linkage done..just cut out about an inch

SQ is the SQUAD
01-17-2006, 07:44 PM
intresting studies, you guys are paving the road for me

newaccorddriver
09-23-2006, 02:17 PM
i hate to bring a thread back from the dead, but i have a question for everybody whos done an engine swap like this or knows something about the shifter assembly.

if i were to do what jason budd did and use a B series transmission with an adapter plate on my A series engine, would the shift linkage be able to slide over about half an inch or so and still let me shift into the correct gear still?

AccordEpicenter
09-23-2006, 03:17 PM
it should but it might require a slight modification, either way it shouldnt be neurosurgery, if youre already working on putting a b series tranny in it would be a minor detail. All this talk about jason budds car has me wondering if i too might some time in the near future consider going B series trans...

newaccorddriver
09-23-2006, 04:08 PM
it should but it might require a slight modification, either way it shouldnt be neurosurgery, if youre already working on putting a b series tranny in it would be a minor detail. All this talk about jason budds car has me wondering if i too might some time in the near future consider going B series trans...

well, its mainly cause i plan to run a street tune with roughly 200WHP to play with, and when i hit the track, im gonna turn up the boost and try to get about 300WHP with megasquirtnspark. im a long ways from it, but im not too long from being turbocharged(next summer cause winters coming), i just dont want to go through transmissions like mad. if everything works out like i plan, i could care less how many B-series trannys i blow up, cause hopefully a type R tranny wont blow up so easily.

AccordEpicenter
09-23-2006, 07:26 PM
with 300whp you shouldnt be going through trannies left and right, it should hold up no prob... But if youre downright abusive youll break anything. It was guys particularly in the 9 and 10 sec 1/4 mi range breaking stuff. The big thing is that with the strength advantage, you can get an LSD for the B series trans

sinisterfuzzy
09-23-2006, 08:03 PM
someone should sticky all of these b-series related custom swap stuffs, and compress that How to swap in a b-series without a kit and get that up.

newaccorddriver
09-23-2006, 09:36 PM
The big thing is that with the strength advantage, you can get an LSD for the B series trans

didnt they make phantom grips or something for the 1st gen integras which we could put in our trannys if we swapped the gears? i havent kept up on that, so dont really quote me on that:)

newaccorddriver
09-23-2006, 09:37 PM
someone should sticky all of these b-series related custom swap stuffs, and compress that How to swap in a b-series without a kit and get that up.

the thing is, nobody likes sifting through 50 pages of stuff to find a few pieces of info. if it was all in one particular area, like the first page, then it would make more sense