PDA

View Full Version : Seafoam

Micah 89LXi
08-13-2005, 10:37 PM
which vacuum hose do you use when adding seafoam to the vacuum system..the one on the intake of the brake booster one...it says to use whatever wont stall the car once disconnected...oh yeah and has anyone used this stuff before its supposed to be really good...cleans throttlebody intake manifold, crankcase lifters rings, fuel system...but yeah im gonna be doing that this week along with replacing the fuel filter...yeah where the hell is it...cause i was under my car on a lift with the haynes manual and couldnt find it..but anyways any help would be appreciated......oh and sorry if this thread is under the wrong topic

it cleans crap in the oil and particles in the engine become suspended and you remove it at oil change 500 miles after u put the stuff in...oh yeah ive had that intake in forever now...i also got that twinloop exhaust..mostly for kicks...but it sounds nice as hell..but only when i want it to..my most expensive mod was my recent paint job so i dont really have the flow to do the sts turbo i want what with being a student and all..i dont even remember where it talks about my fogs and mesh grille..but that was funny..kudos

you spray seafoam deep creep in the tb, the carbon cleaner in intake manifold, gas tank, crank case (and yes i am gonna do that too and smoke the crap out of my neighborhood :) ....but you actually put enough in slowly till you have put in half the bottle then you let it suck in enough to stall it on purpose....thats what you are supposed to do aparently..then u let it sit for 15 mins...theres a how to somewhere...uhhh here ---> http://members.nuvox.net/~on.roz/cars/z28/seafoam.html

3G Jester
08-13-2005, 10:46 PM
"MOds: bunch...if you see blue streak by catch up to me and ill show you ^_^"

bet you kill people with those fogs and mesh grille ;) or did you get that intake in yet?

just playin maing....do the $110 window tint. its the going price pretty much every where. and plugs and wires too. ACCEL's are usualy 50 bucks at autozone..MSD's are a little more expensive. get some bosch platnum plugs and no the 4 tip isnt going to give you one spark..just more area for spark. the V-tips are just fine. dont forget silicone on the ends when putting in the new plugs (ensures conduction when you put the wires in).

SteveDX89
08-14-2005, 04:23 PM
Here's what you do. Unhook the brake booster vac line at the brake booster. Use 1/3 of the bottle of sea foam and stick the hose in there. You will hear the engine "drinking" the sea foam. Once that's all, hook the hose back up. Then dump 1/3 of the bottle in the crank case in the oil fill hole. Then dump the other 1/3 into the gas tank.

3G Jester
08-14-2005, 07:31 PM
would u really put seafoam inb the gas tank?
how much gas should u have in there when you do it

Micah 89LXi
08-14-2005, 11:34 PM
btw shimric..its saw...you saw Jesse James do it...oh and bump because i needed an answer soon im doing it this week..and because i was bored.

that is all

w00tw00t111
08-14-2005, 11:43 PM
I've heard a couple other guys do it on here just for the smoke out of the tail pipe. Supposedly it makes a heck of alot of smoke

ZackieDarko
01-13-2006, 11:22 PM
i ahve seen topics on people who want seafoam but i dont know what it is

so here are my questions

what is seafoam?
what is its purpose?
how do you use it?

3G Jester
01-14-2006, 01:31 AM
search!! and google!!!!
your sig sez you pwn n00bs. but this is a noob thread. its ok though. there are 5 differnt threads that all talk about feeding in sea foam through a vacum line to clean up your engine. its a chemical you feed into your engine via tubing---you must buy the tubing. and you pour a bottle of seafoam into a container..cut the top off a water bottle then follow the directions.
http://www.scooterworks.com/images/Product_Images/std/seafoam.jpg
available at autozone, and advanced autoparts. if you want in depth how tos click the link in my dig..sign up..search for seafoam and read the vast amounts of info that come up. seriously.

suggested:
1) pour into container
2) attach tube to PCV on head, put other end in the seafoam.
3)turn on your car, Use about 1/2 to 3/4 of the bottle..at about the 1/2 pint mark you will start seeing smoke coming out of your tailpipes at idle. Once fluid has been sucked into the engine. have a spotter tell you when its gone below the desired mark.
4)turn off engine. pour the remaining seafoam into either into either the oil or the gas tank. or both. let it sit for about 1-3 hours, the longer the better. Start the engine and begin the revs... watch the GIGANTIC smoke cloud and the birds fall from the sky choking on carbon
Take the car out for a spin, and WOT (Wide Open Throttle) the baby on the highway to clear out any leftover carbon from the engine. Immediate results felt, better accelration, smoother idle, and slightly better gas mileage this morning to work.

Deadhead
01-14-2006, 10:44 AM
I just used it on mine, in the oil, gas tank, and through a vacuume tube.

I must say it was fun to smoke my neighborhood :D

but my idle went down to about 500 rpm after that, so i just readjusted it and i've been fine, runs much nicer now.

StressSolutions
01-15-2006, 07:46 PM
I read somewhere that the brake booster line can be used to suck up the seafoam. True/not true? too easy?

AZmike
01-15-2006, 09:18 PM
I read somewhere that the brake booster line can be used to suck up the seafoam. True/not true? too easy?

It will work, just be careful to control how fast it's sucked in.

Bglad420
01-15-2006, 09:19 PM
What about SEA WEEDs do they work????

Deadhead
01-17-2006, 03:01 PM
hey, bglad, you should try that

no, seriousely, do it :P

A20A1
02-01-2006, 09:59 PM
What about SEA WEEDs do they work????

That works as bout as well as "Soul Glo"
http://myspace-127.vo.llnwd.net/00401/72/17/401417127_l.gif