PDA

View Full Version : Things to look for?

maxsideburn
01-14-2006, 08:14 PM
About to go trade my 95 Ford Aspire tomorrow morning for an 87 Accord, 4door 5spd. Anything I should look out for? The only thing I've noticed really is that after a short test drive there was a burnt oil smell and a tiny bit of smoke comming from somewhere by the downpipe for the exhaust. Now the engine bay looked like they (or the previous owner) had cleaned it out pretty good. I'm thinking this smell is from burnt oil that made it that far down onto the engine from being pressure washed.

Anything else specific I should look for? Car has 169K (nothing really, I've had Hondas with twice that mileage that ran great. Transmission shifts good and sure. Felt just a little bit of pull to the driver side when driving.

Car is kinda champagne color outside, with a plush interior (even the A&B pillars are covered in a kind of veleur). Anyone know what trim level this would be? I'm assuming it must be a high trim level to have the 2.0L FI engine, plush interior, and power sunroof.

3gn86lxi
01-14-2006, 11:38 PM
That would prolly be an LXI.
The oil may be from numerus oil leaks. The Accord in our years is famous for the oil filter base, the oil pump, crank and cam seals all leak.
I even had my high pressure power steering line leak, and smelled and smoked like motor oil. lol, it was fun!