PDA

View Full Version : Horrible gas mileage...

Acid X
01-15-2006, 08:59 PM
Alright, so i've noticed my gas mileage seems to be getting really horrible lately. My friend noticed that the fuel filters (according to honda dealership records) haven't been changed since around 60k and im at almost 130... I know this is probably causing some bad gas mileage. But i dont think it could give me this bad of gas mileage...

Anywho, i couldn't have filled up more than 100 miles ago and im already almost down to half a tank. So that puts me somewhere around 200 miles to a tank.. That leaves me somewhere around 14mpg!

Anyone have any advice other than changing both of the fuel filters?

Also note, i have an 88 lx, with a short ram, all vaccum lines hooked up except #8, and i have crane cams 11mm ignition wires as well as splitfire spark plugs.

Also note that the car seems to backfire a little if im in neutral or park and i step on the gas and let go...

Bglad420
01-15-2006, 09:02 PM
Also note, i have an 88 lx, with a short ram, all vaccum lines hooked up except #8, and i have crane cams 11mm ignition wires as well as splitfire spark plugs.

Also note that the car seems to backfire a little if im in neutral or park and i step on the gas and let go...

Its probally those!!!! Get rid of those wires and plugs man..."NGK all Da WAY!"

Acid X
01-15-2006, 09:09 PM
Haha, no.. The wires and plugs actually made my idle smoother.. Or the wires did atleast. I couldnt notice much difference with the plugs as far as idle, btu they did seem to give me better throttle response.

Bglad420
01-15-2006, 09:11 PM
A little off topic, but how does your car ride w/ hp, I'm looking at them right now, but I'm considering the KONI's or Bilsteins....

Hope you get you MPG prob solved.....

Acid X
01-15-2006, 09:20 PM
It rides really good. I have tokicos and dropzone springs.. Theres a slight bounce, but its not noticeable, and it gives you a soft but firm performing ride. I usually take 35mph turns at 65 or higher.... On the freeway ramps anyawy. I dont drive like that on the street, lol.

A20A1
01-16-2006, 10:59 AM
If you removed the vacuum lines I would have said; time to port your barrels... give some more air and lessen the fuel some. :)

Just be careful... too much and you'll mess up the vacuum around the venturi.
The carb will usually run rich with the vacuum lines removed.

Acid X
01-16-2006, 01:52 PM
The only one i left off was #8... I still have #16, #17, and number... I think it was #33.. But yeah i have all of them but number 8..