PDA

View Full Version : Board Main Page Issues

87accordlxi
01-08-2006, 01:23 PM
I'm aware of it, and I'm working on it. Not sure what the issue is, but we'll get some ideas.

*Latest News*
We are working with vbulletin to locate the source of the error. The board will look pretty basic and unedited until it's figured out. I made Offtopic viewable on the main forum, so everyone should be able to navigate around the public forums easily.

Private forums like the Admin forum and Foundation forum can be accessed through the Forum Jump menu at the bottom right of the page. This menu is available when you enter any forum and are "logged in." You can also access the private forums by clicking on the category link that the forum is located in (General for Foundation Forum, Information for Admin).

A20A1
01-08-2006, 01:31 PM
Last night (my time) there was a server thingy... I forgot what the error code was.

russiankid
01-08-2006, 02:20 PM
same here, and no off topic

MrBen
01-08-2006, 02:26 PM
http://www.3geez.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15 use that link to get to Off Topic for now.

3G Jester
01-08-2006, 02:43 PM
i think im having the loggin issues everyone else is having.

lostforawhile
01-08-2006, 02:59 PM
http://www.3geez.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15 use that link to get to Off Topic for now.hmmm I went straight into off topic,no problem why has the board color changed though?

A20A1
01-08-2006, 03:09 PM
Yeah the modern revisited is now the default style I think, but the colors are different???... hrm.

lostforawhile
01-08-2006, 03:12 PM
yea it was blue and white now it's green in different shades.

MrBen
01-08-2006, 03:30 PM
Green? lol, it's grayish blue. I think you're colorblind. Or your monitor is way off.

3G Jester
01-08-2006, 03:58 PM
my screen is and has been the black background since i joined the board. i dont know the name of it. but when i go to the main page it says im not logged in and its the "stock" :) heh heh white. and says im notr logged in.

WHA T HTE F)(*&#$)(*&#Q$UF im comming after you guys.

kennyaccordlxi
01-08-2006, 04:13 PM
sometimes I have to log out twice, and when I log in it shows that I`m not logged in untill I click on a thread, then it shows that I`m logged in.

88Accord-DX
01-08-2006, 04:17 PM
This is what it looks like to me. You log in, but on the first page it looks as if your not. If you go to a sub-forum, (technical, performance, etc.) you will see that your logged in at the top. You can't see Off Topic on the first page. Kind of weird, but your logged on, just don't see it on untill you go to a sub-forum.

keruhas184
01-09-2006, 05:40 AM
So, how do you change back the old layout style? I don't like the new one at all...

never mind, figured it out -- on the very bottom of options in user CP

frankie89
01-09-2006, 06:28 PM
so is this glitch ever gonna get fixed???

Hash_man_Se_i
01-09-2006, 07:53 PM
The glitch is really annoying, I didnt figure it out till today... was kinda getting pissed haaha

Robs89LXi
01-09-2006, 09:53 PM
Sorry; just sent a ticket in, then noticed this thread :(. Yep, having the same login problem that ddude2uc mentioned. Glad to know it's being worked, so please ignore the ticket when you get it.
ps I like the color change.

HostileJava
01-10-2006, 02:21 AM
Same problem, I see a different style then normal and it shows I'm not logged in and I can't access offtopic from the main page.

87accordlxi
01-10-2006, 08:52 AM
I changed the default style to Modern temporarily to see if the issue was with the normal default style. I just never changed it back. I've tried a few things with the board template code and maintenence tasks, but it obviously hasn't worked. I sent Marc an email and he may have to get support from vbulletin's website. I can only download hacks, I can't use the support site.

By the way, you guys can move from forum to forum by using the Forum Jump menu in the bottom right corner of the page.

3rdgenhatchDX
01-10-2006, 09:34 AM
:sad2: thanx :sadwave:

87accordlxi
01-10-2006, 02:43 PM
Sorry the board was down all afternoon. I closed it to back up the database while I was in a meeting, and the meeting ended up running about an hour and a half longer than I planned.

Deadhead
01-10-2006, 02:58 PM
werd...

I didn't even notice really.... I was out working on my 3g :D

Vanilla Sky
01-10-2006, 05:05 PM
hey, it's good to know that you backed up, man.

blazin3gen
01-12-2006, 08:17 PM
fix this lol its annoying

frankie89
01-12-2006, 08:23 PM
werd..( but its making progress..)

marc49
01-13-2006, 04:39 PM
We're still working on fixing this issue..

To be honest, a lot of other boards running vbulletin are having this issue but most of them are "modded" like ours is and vbulletin's response is "are there any issues happening from unmodded boards?" Not everyone's issue is exactly the same so it's hard to pin down what the issue is. We've tried multiple suggested fixes and none of them have been successful

mkymonkey
01-13-2006, 05:45 PM
so whats the problem again?

MrBen
01-13-2006, 05:50 PM
We don't know... but the result of the problem is the 3geez homepage making it appear as if you're logged out, even though you're not.

frantik
01-13-2006, 07:46 PM
i appologize if this has been mentioned before:

I don't stay logged in when returning to the site

Once i log in, I don't appear to be logged in until I view a forum; ie when i'm viewing the main forum listing http://www.3geez.com/index.php i still appear to be logged out (cant see pms, login box is there, etc) [edit: looks like this one is known lol]

TheWatcher
01-13-2006, 09:37 PM
We're still working on fixing this issue..

To be honest, a lot of other boards running vbulletin are having this issue but most of them are "modded" like ours is and vbulletin's response is "are there any issues happening from unmodded boards?" Not everyone's issue is exactly the same so it's hard to pin down what the issue is. We've tried multiple suggested fixes and none of them have been successful
Here's a thought. Is there anyway to "downgrade" back to the version of vbulletin that worked before?

Then later, when the problems in this version has been "worked out" by other people, 3geez can "upgrade" back to this version.

It's just a suggestion. MIS depts often do not upgrade to the newest version (e.g. "1.0" version) until the "bugs" have been thoroughly worked out, then they adopt the revised version (e.g. "1.1" version).

Feel free to ignore everything I just wrote. :lol:

In any case, you guys do a great job running this board! :)

Peace.

marc49
01-14-2006, 10:07 AM
we do wait to upgrade we never upload a beta version.. we are currently running vb 3.5.3

MrBen
01-14-2006, 01:07 PM
Marc, have you tried this? I'm not sure if this would be board-wide fix or just a personal fix.

Q. Now that I've installed this script I'm having problmes logging in/out!

A. Try clearing your cookies. If you're still having problems afterwards, go to your Admin CP, click on vBulletin Options, and edit your Cookie Domain (listed under Cookies and HTTP Header Options). Change that option to ".yoursite.com" (note the two dots!). Also make sure that your Cookie Path option is set to "/".
Once you change that, close all browser windows, clear your cookies again, and then try to log in/out again.

shane_lxi
01-14-2006, 06:59 PM
I couldn't log in, but if you type in your passwrod and user name on the home page, just click on 'post reply' in some random thread, and it will log you in then. Almost like it needs to be riminded you aren't logged in yet, lol.

smufguy
01-14-2006, 07:12 PM
yeah i been experiencing it too. i go to the home page and it says im not logged in. then i type in my pass and username and it says its loggin in, and then the page loads up as before. then i click on lets say 'faq' and i see on the top right that it says that im logged in. Its kinda getting me aggrevated. I thought it was my cookie settings on my firewall and Firefox. but it does it at work and also on IE. damn these bugs.

Bglad420
01-14-2006, 07:39 PM
Same thing with the log on WTF??? OH well I'll deal with it

lostforawhile
01-15-2006, 08:28 AM
anybody else having trouble with double posts? I'll type something click to submit it and it'll double post,also sometimes it'll say page not found,then i have to go back,and hit submit again then it says you may not post more then -howerev many seconds- then you try to submit the post and it says this is a duplicate of a post you aleady submited you will now to eturned to the topic. note these are two seperate incidents,when it double posts,I click on submit and it goes right through.

thegreatdane
01-17-2006, 07:42 AM
I can no longer select the board theme and am stuck with some hideous vbulletin theme with no 3geez logo (wtf?).
The picture garage, or whatever it is, has also disappeared.
Oh and some user stats and the member map disappeared too.

But you probably know all this already.

marc49
01-19-2006, 06:22 PM
As I am sure you can see, the main page is completely down.. Everytime we try to fix it, it seems to get worse.. We're going to wait till this weekend before we try anything else.. The good news is that the rest of the board works just fine and doesn't seem to be suffering ill effects which means it's more than likely not a database issue. it's probably a coding issue that we haven't been able to crack.

B16KILLA
01-19-2006, 06:40 PM
Some times when i try to get on the site ,my screen tells me that theres an internal server error,even when i finally get in and click th 3geez.com logo and it tells me the same(just letting you know) no biggee:)