PDA

View Full Version : Engine Performance

eddie.z
01-17-2006, 02:11 PM
I bought the car with a blown engine installed a new one and can't get the car to idle any ideas as to where I went wrong?

Shadowkat
01-17-2006, 02:45 PM
I bought the car with a blown engine installed a new one and can't get the car to idle any ideas as to where I went wrong?

That's a little vague. Could you please be more specific with your problem. There are plenty of people on this site who would love to help you I'm sure, but we need a little it more to go off of than "I can't get the car to idle."

Can you start the car but then it dies right away?
Does it not even turn over?
Does it crank but not start?

Please elaborate on your problem.

A20A1
01-17-2006, 02:46 PM
Did you install all the ground wires?

1) from the radiator support brace to the valve cover.
2) from the wireharness near the transmission to the thermostat housing bolt.
3) from the negative battery to the trans or engine.

and whatever other ground wires there may be.

fraza
01-18-2006, 04:46 AM
sounds like the idle advance solanoid, my accord didnt idle well for a while, its oftened stalled at the lights witch was a bit anoying, but then for sum reason the idle advance solanoid decided to work again, so ya win some ya loose some i guess

eddie.z
02-02-2006, 12:38 PM
sounds like the idle advance solanoid, my accord didnt idle well for a while, its oftened stalled at the lights witch was a bit anoying, but then for sum reason the idle advance solanoid decided to work again, so ya win some ya loose some i guess

This sounds exactly like the issue I am haveing Starts and runs as long as I keep giveing it a little throttle but as soon as I let up on it and it falls below 1000 rpms it will stall :rice:

eddie.z
02-02-2006, 12:40 PM
Did you install all the ground wires?

1) from the radiator support brace to the valve cover.
2) from the wireharness near the transmission to the thermostat housing bolt.
3) from the negative battery to the trans or engine.

and whatever other ground wires there may be.

Yes I installed all the grounds as well as New Dist. Cap Rotor wires Plugs etc.
New Battery and cables too.:help:

eddie.z
02-02-2006, 01:04 PM
Ohh by the way new symptom just started over the last two weeks
on start up idle climbs to 4000 rpms for about 10 minutes and then goes right back to the original problem of stalling at stop lights and so forth.

Honda-Master
02-02-2006, 06:25 PM
try something........ remove the idle solenoid located on the back of the carb.., careful not to loose the little o-ring, blow some carb cleaner in the carb opening , if you have compressed air it is even better.... put all together , if it idles better you got dirty passages inside carb.. ..Also make sure you get power at the solenoid wire , put key on and with solenoid out, have it touch the carb , the little plunger should go in and out and make a clicking sound as you touch and pull away from ground ..

russiankid
02-02-2006, 06:57 PM
is this a carb or injector? sounds like a vacuum leak

Honda-Master
02-02-2006, 07:30 PM
also make sure the pcv valve is not leaking ,, i have seen a bunch of those go bad

Soundy
02-03-2006, 04:34 PM
is this a carb or injector? sounds like a vacuum leak

Exactly what I was just thinking.

eddie.z
02-06-2006, 11:22 AM
Exactly what I was just thinking.
Carb.