PDA

View Full Version : Stalling Problem

CARBurn
08-19-2002, 07:04 PM
Since May I have done two things to my Accord, a motor swap and weber conversion. Everything is fine except for one problem, the car will stall when I am changing gears. It only occurs while I am taking a turn or going around an curve and I decide to downshift, and if I don't keep my foot on the gas, the tachometer will just drop and the car stalls. When it stalls it'll start right back up. So now I am trying to find the culprit here. I should also say that when I did the motor swap, I never got the chance to adjust the timing or the valves, and I'm thinking this could be the cause and I plan on getting the tools needed to perform those adjustments.

So could the problem be these adjustments or something else I am overlooking?

Any help would be appreciated.

A20A1
08-19-2002, 07:53 PM
hmm. so you have a 5 speed... make sure the vacuum advance is hooked up and that you don't have a vacuum leak.

88Burner
08-19-2002, 09:29 PM
It could be the Weber carb. I run a 32/36 DGV and if I take right hand turns, sometimes I get a stumble and miss. It's just how the carb was designed, unfortunately. I don't know if there are different versions of the carb pertaining to that matter. Check out http://www.racetep.com/weber.html and almost at the bottom of the page they list a "Race Preparation" service to get rid of the problem. Could it be?

CARBurn
08-19-2002, 10:33 PM
Thanks 88burner. I didn't know about that race preparation portion on the website.

A20A1
08-19-2002, 10:51 PM
oh shoot I forgot about the turning part. Yeah it really depends how you install the carb... they can make walls inside the float to keep the fuel from pulling to one side on heavy corners. they also have 5 degree tilt carb spacers that keeps the carb level under hard acceleration... like when the front end of a rear wheel drive car lifts off the ground it needs to have the carb tilted to keep the fuel level.