PDA

View Full Version : Finally...

Soundy
01-17-2006, 05:46 PM
FINALLY got some pics of my ride... freshly washed at last.
http://www.soundy.org/soundycar-1.jpg
http://www.soundy.org/soundycar-2.jpg

Yeah, it's pretty low...

mkymonkey
01-17-2006, 05:58 PM
whats the drop on it?

Deadhead
01-17-2006, 06:05 PM
sweet hatch, you've got the same wheels as me.

but like mkymonkey said, how low's the drop? i just got some coil overs, only waiting to put them on.

Soundy
01-17-2006, 06:11 PM
Dunno exactly... couple, three inches I'd guess, going by my previous two Accords. It came to me that way. Not really properly done either, the negative camber is pretty nasty. Need some minimal spring boosters to keep the exhaust from scraping. :)

Deadhead
01-17-2006, 06:14 PM
wow.... what kind of struts are you using?

i just got some coilovers that are going to more than likely slam my car to the point of being nasty.

3gn86lxi
01-17-2006, 06:27 PM
Whats with the hood pins????? Kinda ruined it for me. But thats just me, other than those.......looks like a good start.
Oh, looks like about 2inch or 2.5 drop.

JDMH22aAccord3g
01-18-2006, 04:50 PM
i like the hood pins, it makes your motor stronger.

Soundy
01-18-2006, 04:53 PM
wow.... what kind of struts are you using?

No idea... like I said, I got the car this way. If they were labelled at one time, it's worn/mudded off now.

No coilovers, although they don't look like stock springs either - they're all blue powdercoated.

Soundy
01-18-2006, 04:57 PM
i like the hood pins, it makes your motor stronger.

Yeah, at least two rice-HP each! :rice:

Actually, I found some nice blue ones for cheap, but they sat on the shelf for months before I got sick of having to pull the hood-release cable with vise-grips (also came that way, with the release handle broken), installed the pins, and just yanked the entire stock hood-latch setup.

Bglad420
01-18-2006, 05:27 PM
Looks good

SQ is the SQUAD
01-18-2006, 08:42 PM
id drop the front another inch

Soundy
01-18-2006, 08:52 PM
Not enough room under the wheelwells. The front end is a bit crooked and the left front wheel has been cranked back about as far as it will go just to get the alignment right - it scrapes badly on big road dips as it is.

Hmm, I misread your sig there on a quick glance, thought it said "buy my tits"

gfrg88
01-18-2006, 09:02 PM
LMAO at "buy my tits" :rofl:

Legend_master
01-18-2006, 09:14 PM
The hatch looks good I really like the color. I would have to say that is about a 2.25" or so drop. It sounds like your car has had some suspensions problems or something, because mine is dropped just as low and I haven't had any of the problems you spoke of. Maybe you need new struts or just stiffer one :dunno: . Good luck with the build, but please get rid of those blue windshield wipers :thumbdn: .

EDIT: POST 666 :devil:

Soundy
01-18-2006, 10:21 PM
Oh geez, the wipers are nothin'... previous owner had some kinda pimp complex: the panels and roof are all covered in some kinda blue flocking and there are blue pimp rope lights along the back-seat headliners... it'z s0 1337!!

And yeah, wouldn't be surprised that the struts and shocks don't properly match the springs, the whole thing was kinda half-assed, but for $600 I couldn't really complain :)

Doubt I'll be doing much building on this one, it's just too crooked all around to invest any kind of money in it - body's not too bad but the uniframe is way outta whack; I'm just enjoying it for what it is, putting in just enough to keep it going.

Speaking of which, I don't suppose anyone has an intact exhaust for one of these things that they'd be willing to unload cheap? The flex pipe ripped at the front and I had a straight piece welded in, which add some vibration; the cat is okay, but the midship hangers are busted and the pipe rusted thru where they weld on; there's a hole right before the muffler and one side of the muffler is blown out, and the rear hanger is bust as well... it needs AT LEAST everything from the cat back, preferably from the manifold back, but I'm looking at MINIMUM $300 to get it all done new, and like I say, I just don't wanna put that kind of money into the thing with the condition it's in.

Bglad420
01-19-2006, 01:26 AM
any interior /motor pics?

spnrx
01-19-2006, 06:19 AM
OK not to sound all blond and shit but what are the purpose of hood pins?

Yep I'm a noob to all the 'Performence talk'

Thanks,
Spnr X

Oh and yeah I like the color as well. Nice ride!

Soundy
01-19-2006, 07:18 AM
Hold the hood down, of course.

They're used mainly on race cars because it doesn't take much of a hit on the front to bend the latch mount so that it can't be opened, or won't latch and allow the hood to fly open. Hood pins are pretty much 99.99% guaranteed to not let go no matter how much you bend things up.

Bglad, no other pics yet, but I'll get some if you really want... nothing too special there except the pimp lights and the '93 Civic front seats :)

Deadhead
01-19-2006, 03:01 PM
hahaha, i want to see these "Pimp" lights.