PDA

View Full Version : Stock Stereo

punkrock11023
01-17-2006, 08:22 PM
In a 2005 Accord when upgrading the stock stereo headunit do you need to take off the the whole front part with the heat knobs and everything? The squarish looking thing.

ghettogeddy
01-18-2006, 04:03 PM
show me a pic and i should be able to tell u

3rdCoast
01-20-2006, 12:34 AM
man them new hondas look like a bitch to get a aftermarket hu into. The ones i seen with aftermark headunits they put the new cd players in toward the bottom of the dash and just left the factory radio alone, just unplugged it i guess. It seems almost like they dont want u to put an aftermarket radio in.....i hate factory stereos.....

ALTERED4
01-23-2006, 11:25 AM
yep... gotta pull everything out... that means no more ac...

TJ89Accord
01-24-2006, 08:47 AM
You lose AC when putting in an aftermarket head unit!?! I haven't looked at one yet but I bet there is a way to do it...

tim

3rdCoast
01-24-2006, 09:44 AM
like i said i've seen aftermarket stereos installed but they were under the factory hu which was left alone..... honda is wrong for that design:rocket:

FyreDaug
01-25-2006, 07:49 AM
What does the headunit have to do with ac?

3rdCoast
01-25-2006, 11:37 AM
check this pic out the one on the top right corner. its a bitch....http://automobiles.honda.com/models/interior_gallery.asp?ModelName=Accord+Coupe

ALTERED4
01-31-2006, 09:29 AM
the ac controls are integrated into the hu, in my case if i pull the stock radio, in exchange for an aftermarket hu, i would lose the use of my ac, dual climate control, navigation, stock xm antenna and tuner, steering wheel controls, in-dash 6 disc changer, voice activation, and trip (mpg) computer... not only that, there would be a large hole left behind. i dont know if anyone makes a kit that would cover the hole and/or retain ac controlls...

cleansweep, here i come...

another popular alternative would be to get one of those switchboxes (dont recall a name at the moment). quite popular with the ex crowd that have a nav unit. you could then use an aftermarket head unit installed int the center console, or the "cubby hole" in front of the shifter...

HondaBoy
01-31-2006, 10:36 PM
i would stick with the stock HU. its really not a bad one, considering it probley sounds better than you'd have with a new one. i'd keep the stock HU, add an amp and wire it up to work with the stock shit which isnt too incredibley hard and would be clean. i think that's what i'm going to end up doing on my 02 accord. wouldnt think twice about the old stock HUs, those were crap.

onehotaccord
02-09-2006, 07:24 AM
$60 is a good price for those subs..kappa perfects right? they were around $300 a piece through crutchfield a few years ago!
opps! wrong thread!