PDA

View Full Version : Please someone help me! Fog lights are evil!

spnrx
01-18-2006, 06:40 AM
I have searched and searched and PM'd with no response except for a few. Can anyone be more detailed as in how to install fog lamps? To be more specific:

What switch do I use?
Where do I drill the hole to run the wires?
Where Along the wall do I run the wires?

FyreDaug
01-18-2006, 07:00 AM
Thats more of a custom job than anything, Im pretty sure (dont quote me on this) that only the JDM 3geez had fogs stock, so heres a couple things off the top of my head:

What switch? Any switch, use the cruise switch, the moonroof switch or find a real jdm fog switch
Where do you drill? I dont think you really have to drill anywhere... just run the wires
Along the wall? What wall? Firewall? Just run them through.

I dont know what you really need to search for, its like a 30min install job if you have everything

w261w261
01-18-2006, 11:10 AM
If you want to keep the wiring to a minimum in terms of coming through the firewall, PIAA makes a remote switch. So you just run a new wire from the battery to the receiver box, then from the box to the fogs. Of course it's PIAA, so it isn't cheap. The most difficult part of the job is the mounting of the fogs themselves. I don't like where the factory knockouts place them (just my opinion). I think they look better inboard more, with a little surgery on the grill.

lostforawhile
01-21-2006, 02:55 PM
if you buy a fog light kit there should be a harness and detailed instructions,if you don't have cruise,look straight down at the drivers side firewall about less then a foot from the top,you'll see a rubber plug there for the cruise cable,and possible another one right next to it,these come out undr the dash right by the gas pedal,you can run your wires through there,use use a big grommet or use the one there after putting a hole in it. just make sure to wire tire the wires up good and tight near the pedals. so they don't get tangled.

buds302
01-22-2006, 12:40 AM
i just happen to have some stock honda factory fog light brackets in my car .any body want them send me a pm. they will not come with fogs tho. you handle that part. but they accept any fogs. but they are from the factory and will bolt in right where the knockout is for them. easy install.