PDA

View Full Version : b series power steering setup

Accordtheory
01-19-2006, 11:22 AM
Well, I'm done with the mounts and the shift linkage, now on to the power steering. For some stupid reason, my pump isn't lining up with my brackets, so obviously I'm not quite done with this yet, but here are some pics. I had to bend the shit out of an integra hose and make that little bracket to hold it to the firewall, which I don't even know if I'm going to keep. I might move the hose around to a different location and a use different securing method. I don't like how the factory connection between the hose and valve cover creates such a tight bend in the hose between that connection and my lower connection, and I don't like the amount of flex in the hose overall if I disconnect the valve cover connection to reduce the sharpness of the bend either.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/814000-814999/814838_16_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/814000-814999/814838_17_full.jpghttp://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/10/web/814000-814999/814838_18_full.jpg

Accordtheory
01-21-2006, 12:29 AM
well, I figured out the hose, but not the brackets yet...

Legend_master
01-22-2006, 10:46 AM
Why are you running power steering? I just routed all the lines on the rack and pinion so that all the out lines went into the in lines, and I had to clamp off one hose and I was done. These cars are light and pretty easy to turn without power steering. Your turbo project would be much easier if there were no power steering. Either way good luck with the project.

SQ is the SQUAD
01-22-2006, 01:33 PM
i hate driving without ps. of all the things i eliminated out of the hatch, i kept power steering. no heat, no ac, no type of air at all, but i still got my power steering

Accordtheory
01-22-2006, 01:40 PM
I also really hate driving without p/s. I know it doesn't really matter that much on the highway, and it takes away power and space, but I always feel like I'm driving a total piece of shit without it, even if I know that's not the case.

Accordtheory
01-22-2006, 01:41 PM
Shit, I had a/c and p/s on my old turbo setup..I think I even had cruise too..now I just have p/s.

Legend_master
01-22-2006, 02:15 PM
Shit, I had a/c and p/s on my old turbo setup..I think I even had cruise too..now I just have p/s.

It only takes about a week to get use to no PS, I dont have cruise, PS, or AC. It really brakes down to being able to feel the car. To each his own

ICEMAN707
01-22-2006, 06:48 PM
the pics are confusing but are you using a b-series p/s pump and just tweaking the lines a little bit? i think that's the best way rather than trying to get an a20 pump to fit.

BTW you said you used CRX b-series mounts right? looks like that driver's mount is perfect.

Accordtheory
01-23-2006, 04:37 PM
If you like pulling stunts with the p-brake, or just stuntin' in general, turning the wheel with the palm of your hand while your car is sliding sideways, you need power steering. end of that story..
I'm using a pump that is supposedly from a b series, 90-93 teg, but I don't know what the brackets are from. Supposedly the 94-01 integra brackets position the pump differently, due to a different pulley offset. I guess I have mismatched year brackets. There was no way the stock accord pressure hose would work, and I always hated how it was routed over my turbo manifold, now I have the integra hose.

I don't want to get into it at all on this thread, but my driver's side mount is nothing like a crx mount. It just started out that way.

SteveDX89
01-23-2006, 07:45 PM
If you like pulling stunts with the p-brake, or just stuntin' in general, turning the wheel with the palm of your hand while your car is sliding sideways, you need power steering. end of that story.

Sounds unsafe and not something I'd want to do with a car I've poured a good deal of money into.

I kept the PS at first. I had the PRI bracket. Well, at some point, that bitch snapped in half and the PS would go in and out. You can really tell when you're tires are low but when they're fully inflated, it's no sweat. I can still turn with one hand. I'd really love to get one of those manual racks from the Canucks tho.

Bglad420
01-23-2006, 08:11 PM
Sounds unsafe and not something I'd want to do with a car I've poured a good deal of money into.
I kept the PS at first. I had the PRI bracket. Well, at some point, that bitch snapped in half and the PS would go in and out. You can really tell when you're tires are low but when they're fully inflated, it's no sweat. I can still turn with one hand. I'd really love to get one of those manual racks from the Canucks tho.

Thats part of the fun is beating the piss out of the 3g.....