PDA

View Full Version : another brake thread...

sofaking_bob
01-20-2006, 08:27 AM
Okay, I've been searching about brake components on here for a while now, upgrades and such. I know that EBC and Brembo make drilled/slotted/dimpled rotors and there are good pads available.

My car is currently not running(transmission), so I'm going b18c1/ys1 as soon as I get about 5 grand(plus labor) to drop on it. Assuming that the swap goes properly the engine will quickly be modded. I'm looking for upwards of 220 hp to the wheels, so stopping is important to me. I don't care about the bigass $3500 6-piston calipers, but I don't like the idea of running around with one piston on each rotor to stop me.

There was a thread that sorta... died, that said something about swapping 94-95 legend gs calipers and that they SHOULD work with the AEM/powerslot big brake upgrades for the civic that, with modification, will fit on a 3g. It also stated that the NSX calipers were the same size, and lighter than the legends, but more expensive. so in theory the NSX calipers would work with the AEM/powerslot big brake upgrade. Is this correct? Is that for the front and rear rotors or just the front?

If this does work and it is true then, yee freakin' haw! If not, does anyone know of any compatible 4 piston aftermarket calipers that would work with the AEM/powerslot kit?

Any light on this subject will make whatever is ahead easier to see, thanks in advance.

TheWatcher
01-20-2006, 08:40 AM
Okay, I've been searching about brake components on here for a while now, upgrades and such. I know that EBC and Brembo make drilled/slotted/dimpled rotors and there are good pads available.

My car is currently not running(transmission), so I'm going b18c1/ys1 as soon as I get about 5 grand(plus labor) to drop on it. Assuming that the swap goes properly the engine will quickly be modded. I'm looking for upwards of 220 hp to the wheels, so stopping is important to me. I don't care about the bigass $3500 6-piston calipers, but I don't like the idea of running around with one piston on each rotor to stop me.

There was a thread that sorta... died, that said something about swapping 94-95 legend gs calipers and that they SHOULD work with the AEM/powerslot big brake upgrades for the civic that, with modification, will fit on a 3g. It also stated that the NSX calipers were the same size, and lighter than the legends, but more expensive. so in theory the NSX calipers would work with the AEM/powerslot big brake upgrade. Is this correct? Is that for the front and rear rotors or just the front?

If this does work and it is true then, yee freakin' haw! If not, does anyone know of any compatible 4 piston aftermarket calipers that would work with the AEM/powerslot kit?

Any light on this subject will make whatever is ahead easier to see, thanks in advance.
Don't flame me for this, but if you're gonna pay over 5 grand for the engine swap, why not just buy a teg instead???

Putting on flame suit ...

Peace.

sofaking_bob
01-20-2006, 02:57 PM
No flame retardant material needed.

The car is worth more to me than the blue book value. People don't understand why I want to do the swap vs. buying an integra, and that's cool. Integras are a dime a dozen, though. A modded integra is almost commonplace in every nook and cranny of western society. Nothing unique about them anymore(aside from the great engine). Everything that can be done, pretty much has been, but not so much with 3g accord hatchbacks. I want to see it finished, that's all. To me my car has alot more character than an integra because it hasn't been completely whored out.

Hope that clears that.

w00tw00t111
01-20-2006, 07:07 PM
That's a really great way of wording it sofaking. I get made fun of by my friends all the time for spending so much money on a 17 year old car. I don't have any knowledge on break upgrades via the brembo's but, I do remember seeing a thread that explained how to use GM rotors and obviously there are parts out there that work w/ GM. I'm pretty sure it was in the suspension section.