PDA

View Full Version : Wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

netfreak
08-19-2002, 08:40 PM
Ok I'm going to report a very bizarre problem I'm currently having... My radiator cooling fluid is magically draining itself and appearing UNDER MY FLOOR MATS! WTF!!!!!!

The earliest I can take it to a mechanic is thursday...

TeKKnoTeKK
08-19-2002, 08:42 PM
damn bro...that is some shit!

Dutchboy
08-19-2002, 09:03 PM
Chech the heater core..!!!

I dont know where the heater core is ...
its a mini radiator which the fan blows the hot air off for the heat in the car is but i would guess that is were its coming from ..

Dont feel like getting the ole manuaul out of my car now so im sure someone else on the board will have suggestions..

Ben

ACCORD EX
08-20-2002, 02:25 AM
that's bizzare ! :eek: :eek:

MIKE

shepherd79
08-20-2002, 03:51 AM
yeah man, it is your heater core. i don't know hot to get to it, but i am sure it is a pain in the ass.
But i am sure it is your heater core. 100% sure.

OldSchoolSwap
08-20-2002, 10:04 AM
Something similar happened to me when i had my A/C worked on. These assholes for some stupid reason pulled the whater hoes from the condensor inside the car and my passanger's floor mats would flood everytime my a/c was on!

I got under the dash and found the hose!!! i just rerouted it back outside the firewall and voila!!

rocky2
08-20-2002, 03:23 PM
Yeah its the heater core. But if heat in your area is not required you can connect both heater hoses together,or just temporay if 3-g is needed now.,till later date to be repaired.

netfreak
08-20-2002, 04:12 PM
I'll have it checked out hopefully thursday. I can't really get under the car to get a good look.

smufguy
08-21-2002, 04:37 AM
there is nothing under the car. its under ur dash which comes off in 10 mts. ur heater core is the one right above your center console. The heater core is always white (pearly) behind a brace whose 12 mm bolts are in the engine bay under the coolent inlet hose that sticks in ur firewall with a cable hooked on it. Its a dirty job that would take an afternoon. and if u wanna look into it more, i can say much to it.

netfreak
08-21-2002, 09:56 AM
Hrmm I guess I'll try behind the dash then. What I did notice was that the fluid was also all under the passenger side of the car and was everywhere closer to the engine.

POS carb
08-28-2002, 06:06 PM
the heater core is located under the dash near the center, all a heater does is pass air through a mini radiator in your car (the heater core). That's why you should turn on your heater if your car overheats but if u have no water then ur fudged.

offthahook
08-28-2002, 10:39 PM
Yup, what they said. Where is the heater core in relation to the blower motor, just out of curiousity??