PDA

View Full Version : hood allignment probelms

86-accord-lxi
01-20-2006, 07:26 PM
The hood on my 86 lxi lines up perfect on the passengers side, but on the drivers side it sits lower than the fender, and it's really noticeable because
the drivers side headlight sticks up like 1/4" above the hood. (when closed)I have tried adjusting the little rubber stop and it is up to it's fullest extent (without falling out) and the one on the passger side is all the way down, but it still sits too low on the drivers side. I still have yet to muck with the hood
latch because I need to find my socket swivel first (to get to the bottom bolt)
:wtf: What will fix this ?

Bglad420
01-20-2006, 07:49 PM
There should be two rubber bumpers one on each side by your headlight and your, they are about an inch around and threaded, twist those up and down and those will adjust your hood in the front.

blazin3gen
01-20-2006, 08:18 PM
There should be two rubber bumpers one on each side by your headlight and your, they are about an inch around and threaded, twist those up and down and those will adjust your hood in the front.

lol yea!

took me a year to figure that out :rant:

86-accord-lxi
01-20-2006, 10:34 PM
I have already mucked with those, the one on the passenger side is
all the way down, and the one on the drivers side is all the way up, and still
the hood sits like 1/4" below the fender on the drivers side, the headlight
sticks up above the hood like 1/8" on the drivers side. I think I may need
to adjust the hood latch, but the passengers side is near perfect.

buds302
01-22-2006, 01:14 AM
do this...and you might not like it either! but tweak the hood. you know llike twist the whole thing towards the pass side. maybe it will level out