PDA

View Full Version : OK heres the deal....

Bglad420
01-20-2006, 07:44 PM
....I think I need a new proportioning valve, or new brake line....I was driving the other day, and my brake light came on when I went around a corner, so I think no big deal just low on fluid I'll put some in when I get home, then later on the light comes on and stays on, so I'm like huh, So I get home and check it, its pretty low, and when I press the pedal it looses pressure and goes to the floor after a few seconds, so I'm like fuck its leaking somewhere(hydralic systems don't consume fluid) So I look over at my proportioning valve and see a fluid all over. So I look at it and its either coming from the proportioning valve, or the top left line (i think its for the rears??) is cracked, any Ideas, and does any one have a valve or brake line they want to get rid of when I narrow down the problem??? BTW 88 LXi Hatch.

Are the proportioning valves known to fail???

Thanks!

3gn86lxi
01-20-2006, 08:14 PM
Never heard of one failing bro. You sure it's not the mstr cylender?
Could just be a loose line, did you tighten them?
Not really sure though.

Bglad420
01-20-2006, 08:35 PM
I am positive its either the proportioning valve or the line is cracked, its not loose bacause I tried to tighten it. ITs not my master cylender I saw it leaking from the proportioning valve.

Bglad420
01-20-2006, 10:01 PM
bump...

b8er
01-20-2006, 11:54 PM
well i would say if you saw it leaking from the prop. valve then go ahead and change the prop. valve, they may not be prone to breaking but that doesnt mean they cant, im not really sure what your asking here, if its leaking from the valve then i think its pretty much common sence to change that, but hey thats just me

Bglad420
01-21-2006, 02:57 AM
I want to know if anyone has the brake line for the hatch LXi, and If anyone else has had this problem.

Bglad420
01-21-2006, 11:25 AM
WTB Brake line from front of master cylinder to top right of proportioning valve!!!!