PDA

View Full Version : Somebody should buy this and rig it for their accord!

aerokid1987
01-21-2006, 06:15 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/88-00-honda-civic-jackson-racing-supercharger_W0QQitemZ8030408653QQcategoryZ36474QQ rdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Just found this on ebay and thought maybe someone could use it on their accord with a bit of customizing.
What do you guys think?

aerokid1987
01-21-2006, 06:17 AM
check it out...
http://i6.ebayimg.com/03/i/05/f5/0d/d6_1.JPG

3rdgenhatchDX
01-21-2006, 06:45 AM
anythings possible if you've got the dough.

gfrg88
01-21-2006, 09:11 AM
i dont think anyone has tried a supercharger yet have they??

AccordEpicenter
01-21-2006, 09:46 PM
dunno. If you have to do all this custom work, ynot just go turbo. Its faster and easier to do anyway.

Bglad420
01-21-2006, 10:04 PM
superchargers rob hp

gfrg88
01-21-2006, 10:09 PM
how would it rob hp?? :werd:

ZackieDarko
01-22-2006, 12:12 AM
super chargers are driven off a pully on the crank and it takes hp to turn the pully which is attached to a belt which is attached to another pully which is attached to the supercharger its self, get it?

ghettogeddy
01-22-2006, 10:17 AM
super chargers are driven off a pulley on the crank and it takes hp to turn the pulley which is attached to a belt which is attached to another pulley which is attached to the supercharger its self, get it?
but u don't get turbo lag with a supercharger the extra hp is always there

AccordEpicenter
01-22-2006, 10:51 AM
you only make peak boost at redline. Turbos make peak boost when they spool up (mine hits at 3800-4000 rpm)

smufguy
01-22-2006, 10:57 AM
this has already been discussed like two years back. The issue is the clearance. the way the motor sits and where our Strut tower tilts in, its impossible for the pully to sit right. it will hit the master cylinder and the strut tower. The only possible way to put a supercharger is to use a centrifugal type rather than a roots or screw type. but they cost way way way too much to adapt.

HondaBoy
01-22-2006, 04:16 PM
i'd try it if i had the stuff to do it. that means i need a machine shop. wow, the pulley is on the correct side too. i like superchargers better than turbo systems. just my preference. i've been around more effeicent and dependable cars run with s/c as i was growing up so that could be why.

smufguy
01-22-2006, 08:51 PM
the pulley is on the right side cause jackson racing makes superchargers for B series motor.

Shadowkat
01-22-2006, 09:09 PM
a centrifugal supercharger is my dream for my car. I know it's a bogus dream, but if I had money to play with, I'd try it just to say I was the first to do it. Plus, I don't buy into that superchargers rob hp bullshit. I do agree that it takes power to spin the pulley on a supercharger, but the net gain is positive hp, so it doesn't make sense to say it robs hp. You could say the super charger is less efficient because of the power it takes to spin the pulley, but the benefit is the lack of lag. Don't get me wrong, i love turbos, probably more than super chargers, but a superchared 3g would rock my world. Wht would we call it an "LX-i SS?"

Hash_man_Se_i
01-22-2006, 10:55 PM
I think it would be hard to mount a centrifigul sc in our engine bays, just seems like with the limited space there is it would be tough.

I personally love the feeling of a supercharger though and would do it if they werent so damn expensive, the cost just can't be justified on motors like ours IMO, much better off going turbo both cost and HP wise.

But I have a buddy with a supercharged SVT focus, and I love the feeling of that car, its awesome.

Shadowkat
01-24-2006, 04:32 PM
I think it would be hard to mount a centrifigul sc in our engine bays, just seems like with the limited space there is it would be tough.

I personally love the feeling of a supercharger though and would do it if they werent so damn expensive, the cost just can't be justified on motors like ours IMO, much better off going turbo both cost and HP wise.

But I have a buddy with a supercharged SVT focus, and I love the feeling of that car, its awesome.
I agree on all of that post. Supercharged cars feel awesome to drive, and it would be tough/expensive/not justifyable to put a supercharger on our cars, but my dream set up, and I emphasize dream, would be a rebuilt a20 with a centrifugal sc. I would make it happen, somehow, if I won the lottery or somehow came across some money that I didn't mind spending.

lostforawhile
10-21-2006, 12:32 PM
has anyone ever thought of mounting the supercharger towards the front of the engine and creating a modified manifold that wraps over the valve cover? it's producing pressure,pressure can be ducted.

smufguy
10-21-2006, 12:40 PM
heat generation and clearance would be the biggest problem if you do it that way. Besides, the Jackson Racing is meant to sit on the intake manifold directly and had internal discharge to route it to the external intercooler. Thus it might be more of fitment issue on the head rather than just the location and clearance.

speedpenguin
10-21-2006, 01:38 PM
There's an article in the new HT about making a supercharger, I'll go check up on it.

ChaseR
10-21-2006, 01:54 PM
Yeah I was reading up on that, They got it off a Ford SuperCoupe I believe, It was pretty well executed but they used an Acura RL I think....

Plus the writers Girl really wasnt that hot...