PDA

View Full Version : Board Issues - Report them here

87accordlxi
01-22-2006, 08:52 AM
Let me know if anything is wrong after the reinstall.
So far, I have:
- Foundation links need to be updated -fixed
- 3geez Garage images don't show up -fixed
- incorrect links in emails -fixed

lostforawhile
01-22-2006, 08:59 AM
ok when you click on a link sent to your email about a subscribed thread,the lins don't work anymore,says page not found. you can manually click on the threegeez link on the error page but it dosn't take you to the thread.

lostforawhile
01-22-2006, 09:10 AM
ok another small one,the number of members online vs guests is wrong. it will say like 6 members on line and three guests,yet theres only three members and three guests on line. it adds the members and guests together then displays the number of guests too.

88Accord-DX
01-22-2006, 09:13 AM
Hell, I'm just glad everything is pretty much back to normal. Give the guys a break, gezzzzzzzzzz. Can't have everything you want.

Bglad420
01-22-2006, 09:13 AM
ok another small one,the number of members online vs guests is wrong. it will say like 6 members on line and three guests,yet theres only three members and three guests on line. it adds the members and guests together then displays the number of guests too.

quite the little nitpicker aren't we...........j/k

lostforawhile
01-22-2006, 09:16 AM
Hell, I'm just glad everything is pretty much back to normal. Give the guys a break, gezzzzzzzzzz. Can't have everything you want.
i'm not complaining,he said to report anything we run across,sometimes that can help point the finger at bigger problems. i'm glad to have the board back up too.

87accordlxi
01-22-2006, 09:29 AM

Some users are invisible. So it will count them as being online, but it won't show them.

lostforawhile
01-22-2006, 09:33 AM
Some users are invisible. So it will count them as being online, but it won't show them.hey i didn't know we could do that cool!

MrBen
01-22-2006, 11:55 AM
When I switch to a theme on the 3geez homepage, it will switch to another once I click a link.

2drSE-i
01-22-2006, 12:05 PM
in programming you have to nitpick. you should see me in my advanced programming class, im crazy anal about how stuff goes.

havent noticed anything yet, great job guys!

3G Jester
01-22-2006, 12:11 PM
the AOM banner at the top gives a link not found

3G Jester
01-22-2006, 12:20 PM
also..i was going to post up a link in thread (n00b suggesting someone buy an SC and mount it) and iwas going to tell him its not worth it for the amount of money it would take to mount and make room for it.
buuuuuutttt.......it seems in threads tht linked to other threads....
they dont work any more.
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46593

87accordlxi
01-22-2006, 12:58 PM
Incorrect links will most likely be because of the change in forum URL. I won't be able to find or fix all of them right away. If you see any, report them using Site Support.

87accordlxi
01-22-2006, 04:09 PM
The issues with the subscription emails should be fixed. Let me know if it isn't.

87accordlxi
01-22-2006, 05:09 PM
When I switch to a theme on the 3geez homepage, it will switch to another once I click a link.

Are you still experiencing this?

thegreatdane
01-23-2006, 12:28 PM
I cant create a new thread. It tells me that it's forbidden... wtf

87accordlxi
01-23-2006, 12:47 PM
I cant create a new thread. It tells me that it's forbidden... wtf

My head just exploded from the amount of information you provided. If you're experiencing the same error as described in this thread, then there's an answer.

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48509

The forbidden/404 error is not a 3geez or vB software error. You are placed in the same usergroup with the same permissions as 5,000 other members, so there is nothing configured differently in your account relative to the other members in the Registered usergroup.

The only thing I can think of is that the server's mod_security module is interfering with something that you are trying to post. It is a host-level firewall that is not operated by us. The words "curl" and "lynx" are two known words that will be snagged by mod_security. I can try to have them disable it, but if the hosting company won't (or can't, since we're on a shared server) do it then there's nothing we can do. The fact that you were able to start this thread shows that you do have the ability to use the newreply.php function, and I suspect that the PM and email functions work for you as well provided that no text in your message conflicts with mod_security. Without seeing the text you tried to send, we can't pinpoint what the exact conflict is.

thegreatdane
01-23-2006, 01:16 PM
My head just exploded from the amount of information you provided.

lol ok. I just figured it was related to the main page problem, since I havent experienced that happening before.

edit: Now it worked all of a sudden. And I havent changed anything in the text. That's weird.

87accordlxi
01-23-2006, 01:32 PM
lol ok. I just figured it was related to the main page problem, since I havent experienced that happening before.
edit: Now it worked all of a sudden. And I havent changed anything in the text. That's weird.

lol, yeah sometimes I've even been caught by what I presume is the server scripts. So you were able to start a thread?

thegreatdane
01-23-2006, 01:36 PM
Yes. No problems now.

87accordlxi
01-23-2006, 01:39 PM
Nice job on the B16 manifold how-to. Thanks.

MrBen
01-23-2006, 03:47 PM
Are you still experiencing this?

Yes I am.

87accordlxi
01-23-2006, 06:28 PM
Yes I am.

The Newbie forum was set to override the user style selection, so I fixed that. Let me know if any other forums do it.

MrBen
01-24-2006, 11:28 AM
Yeah they all still do it. If I switch from this page to say Modern, it will switch back to default and stay that way. Same thing happens if I switch from the homepage. Let me try clearing my cookies, brb.

EDIT: That fixed it.

Fushi
01-26-2006, 07:24 PM
Tonight, I had a problem with the "custom avatar" function.
When I try to upload my avatar, I get a "vBulletin Message
Unable to save avatar"
Same when I try to fill in my avatar url... :help:

(My avatar is 100X75 and 8kb)

87accordlxi
01-26-2006, 07:42 PM
Tonight, I had a problem with the "custom avatar" function.
When I try to upload my avatar, I get a "vBulletin Message
Unable to save avatar"
Same when I try to fill in my avatar url... :help:

(My avatar is 100X75 and 8kb)

Email it to me and I'll see if I can set it for you

[email protected]

87accordlxi
01-26-2006, 07:44 PM
Any further issues can be reported using Site Support (http://www.3geez.com/forum/vBSupport.php)