PDA

View Full Version : fog light setup

Defiant[YD]
08-19-2002, 10:59 PM
k, this be the deal, i just installed the "ultraline blu" performance halogen fog lights. i like em and all, but i'm wondering how i would hook it up so that it comes on automatically when i switch my low beams on, and switch off automatically when i switch my high beams on?

shepherd79
08-20-2002, 04:00 AM
to switch the fog lights from low beam to high beam you will have to tap into low beam wire.
there are 3 wires, one for the ground , one for low beam and one for the high beam. when you switch to high beam low beam cuts out.
just tap into low beam.

Defiant[YD]
08-20-2002, 11:47 AM
so i just tap the power source wire for my fogs onto my lowbeam wire?

so, where is the lowbeam wire?

zip7
08-20-2002, 12:36 PM
no, the remote wire from your relay should be tap into the lowbeam. This wire is only to turn your fog light on not to provide power.

87accordlxi
08-20-2002, 01:03 PM
you should have been provided with a seperate fuse relay that connects to the positive port of the battery. that is what provides the power. you'll probably blow your low beam fuse if you run the foglight power supply through them.

89NinjaAccordLX
08-20-2002, 07:51 PM
Just run a wire through the firewall on the car to the fuse box under the dash. The fuse for the Left or the Right headlight will work. Take that foglight wire and shove it down in there with the fuse. That's how my indiglos come on... cept... errr... not when my highbeams are on... doh.

SteveDX89
08-21-2002, 06:24 PM
How safe is that method Ninja? I have my turn on lead for my fogs shoved in with the wipers like that.