PDA

View Full Version : Power Cable for AMp

sanjay
08-19-2002, 11:54 PM
hey fellas,
I'm installing all my sound gear myself, (i get to learn, and its cheap and fun!)

But anyways, I'm stumped as to where to run the power (B+) cable from the engine bay to the amplifier which is in the boot...
please help?

:help: :help:

A20A1
08-20-2002, 12:11 AM
http://www.3geez.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=11

You should post audio related topics in this forum above, not in the technical section.

And what are you asking? how to connect the wires or where to run the wires?... like under the carpet and seats.... or what?

sanjay
08-20-2002, 04:00 AM
sorry - i posted in this forum, becuase what I meant to ask was:

Where do I run the cable from the Battery into the car?
I thought people who might have an idea about the engine bay compartment would know better than just audio and security people who mainly discuss speakers and subs....

pimp86LX
08-20-2002, 05:41 AM
there is a rubber gromet right near the master cylinder on the drivers side in which i ran a 4guage power wire to the back seat. a quick stop at a distribution block and an 8guage wire runs to the back passneger seat..

-through firewall
-under carpet
-under seat

thats it

make sure your ground wire is of equal guage to your power wire

three6ohchris
08-20-2002, 10:23 AM
i just drilled a small hole through the firewall and put some silicone around the wire... sounds great, no problems... amp is under the passenger side seat... the shorter the power cable has to go, the more power your amp will go, so i stayed on the side of the car with the battery. I drilled the hole because i could not find a existing hole anywhere... maybe somebody else might know where one is though. Just be carefull where you drill, might his something important on the other side

sanjay
08-20-2002, 10:17 PM
thanks

smufguy
08-21-2002, 04:43 AM
or what u can do is, see the lower inlet for the AC?? well sneeze ur wire beside that, trust me, no water goes thru it. thats how my audio was set up first. but, if u wanna have a more cleaner wiring. take ur left side fender (as in ur standing in the front of the car facing it) and u will see a small rubber gourmet below the main cabin harness inlet. Thats where now my wire is, muc cleaner and away from heat and all other crap. have fun. this set up routes away from the engine bay heat, shortens the shit u gotta wrap ur wires around and makes ur engine bay cleaner and make ppl studder when they go, where is ur amp wire???? :flip:

HostileJava
08-21-2002, 04:45 AM
Actually alot of the people in the Audio and security forum are pretty heavily into audio so they've done most of there install's themselves. So they can tell you exactly where to run the cables.

Originally posted by sanjay
sorry - i posted in this forum, becuase what I meant to ask was:

Where do I run the cable from the Battery into the car?
I thought people who might have an idea about the engine bay compartment would know better than just audio and security people who mainly discuss speakers and subs....

sanjay
08-22-2002, 03:21 AM
Yeah its cool. Thanks everyone. Sorry for posting in the wrong forum, i get it - MY BAD!
argh...