PDA

View Full Version : Very Dim Headlight

lamontlamont
01-25-2006, 08:24 AM
Hello,my right headlight all of a sudden doesnt work. the high beam works fine but the low is almost off. actually it looks like a headlight looks when the battery is dead it has a slight orange glow but it isnt working. the high beams are fine, i have checked the fuses under the dash and they are fine.

NXRacer
01-25-2006, 09:09 AM
sometimes thats caused by a crummy ground. see if you can find the grounding wire for that headlight. if you can clean it up that might solve your problem. Also, try cleaning the contacts on the bulb itself where it plugs in.

Blkblurr
01-25-2006, 09:42 AM
If it's just the low beams it will most likely be the wire going to the low beams is about to break. Check the wiring harness at the point it flexes when the headlights rotates and I bet you find a broken or near broken wire. The other thing could be a corroded connector at the headlight itself.

lamontlamont
01-25-2006, 10:56 AM
i will check the wire. i dont think its the bulb because i put a different bulb in and it did the same thing.

Bglad420
01-25-2006, 11:10 AM
I had the same sort of problem with mine, it ended up being a ground....so I'm with NXracer.

fraza
01-26-2006, 12:20 AM
if its a ground prob then wont both hi and lo beam be dim because they share a common ground, i lost hi beam in my left headlight, i fixed it just by unplugging the harnes and wiping of this creamy putty stuff on the contacts of the headlight and now it works fine

Blkblurr
02-01-2006, 01:33 PM
if its a ground prob then wont both hi and lo beam be dim because they share a common ground, i lost hi beam in my left headlight, i fixed it just by unplugging the harnes and wiping of this creamy putty stuff on the contacts of the headlight and now it works fine

That's what I was trying to say in my post. can't be the ground because they're common for both.