PDA

View Full Version : B20a search

BensAccordLxi
08-20-2002, 08:13 AM
I keep reading all about the JDM B20a and how it is suposed to just bolt in with the exception of the tranny mount. I also here it has as much power as a B16a1 and the torque to stomp it into the groung. The question I keep seeing is, where do you get one? I also wonder the same thing. You would think if this motor was this easy to instal and had as much power as every one boasts it has, it would be easier to find because it would be a popular swap. Most places don't do swaps on 3rd Gens because there is no easy swap for it....so they say.....that is why I wonder about this motor. If it's this good why don't JDM supliers cary it?

carotman
08-20-2002, 08:41 AM
They don't carry it because it's not popular

It's not popular because they don't carry it

YOu see, those guys don't know what those engines fit into. They think those are for gen3 ludes usually

It's a bolt-on swap

They don't carry it because of the lack of knowlegde and the lack of people with 3rd gens.

toastyghost
08-20-2002, 10:11 AM
Tons of people have 3G's, but unfortunately not many of them are enthusiasts. If everyone wanted a B20A, somebody in the supply chain would catch on and start importing more salvaged ones. But then it wouldn't be so special...

BensAccordLxi
08-20-2002, 10:24 AM
I found a site that has them but they are in Austrailia and that would cost a bit to have it shiped to the US. If any one is intrested in the site, just ask.

RobT5580
08-20-2002, 03:15 PM
One other important fact on why they are hard to find is because it is rather rare even in the countries that did get them from what i find.....

carotman
08-20-2002, 03:20 PM
I want that site.... Manual transmissions are a pain to get