PDA

View Full Version : Top-Line rebuild kit for A20A1

88Accord-DX
01-26-2006, 01:31 PM
I've been looking at rebuild kits for a little while. I found this site to have the most resonable price at $279.00...... Opinions anyone?

http://www.importperformanceparts.net/imports/topekits-honda2.html

88Accord-DX
01-26-2006, 02:01 PM
Just ordered it today, shipping total was $306

Post edited 1-27 at 12:49 p.m.

Kabuki
01-27-2006, 11:37 PM
Damnit! Sorry, I've done you a disservice by not keeping up with the forums lately. I could have save you some money. Again, I apologize. I wouldn't order anything from a website that incorrectly lists the dimensions of the BT and A20A3 engines as 81mm x 95mm. Anyone else that's interested, I'll beat the topline set price any day of the week. Just PM me.

88Accord-DX
01-28-2006, 08:07 AM
Damnit! Sorry, I've done you a disservice by not keeping up with the forums lately. I could have save you some money. Again, I apologize. I wouldn't order anything from a website that incorrectly lists the dimensions of the BT and A20A3 engines as 81mm x 95mm.
The same kit EKH17G is for both engines. (A20A1 & A20A3)
82.7 mm x 91 mm
I didn't notice what A20A3 dimensions where. Might be a mis-print.
I ordered oversized pistons also.

Thanks for the offer. You have to realize that rebuild kit comes with full gasket set, pistons, rings, bearings, (little O-rings that go behind oil pump & housing) timing cover gasket, valve cover gasket, timing belt, freeze plugs, etc.

Hard to beat $306 shipped if you ask me. Auto parts store wants like $450 plus if not more. :eek5:

Robs89LXi
01-28-2006, 08:49 AM
Damnit! Sorry, I've done you a disservice by not keeping up with the forums lately. I could have save you some money. Again, I apologize. I wouldn't order anything from a website that incorrectly lists the dimensions of the BT and A20A3 engines as 81mm x 95mm. Anyone else that's interested, I'll beat the topline set price any day of the week. Just PM me.

I wouldn't apologize too much... he only waited 30mins for the opinion he asked for :banghead:

88Accord-DX
01-28-2006, 08:52 AM
I wouldn't apologize too much... he only waited 30mins for the opinion he asked for :banghead:
Nope, I edited my post.
I ordered it yesterday at 12:00 noon. I waited a good day, not 24 hours though...

I couldn't wait too long for a reply. Good observation though. :toilet:

Edit- I still don't think he could have beat it for all that comes in the kit.

Anyway- it is all over with, shit is ordered, parts are on the way. Things are going to happen soon. Hell ya, can't wait.... Still need to shell out some serious cash for the hoses & thermovalve I need, along with the head work. Close to $250 more ...